Where to buy oil?

Richardk

Can anyone point me in the right direction for how I would go about purchasing relatively small amounts of oil  -  15 to 20 litres of so?  We have a freestanding oil fired heater which I need to get some...oil for.  Is it as simple as going to a Dyneff outlet with a jerry can or the like?

Many thanks,

Richard

If Dyneff is a Fioul depot then yes, that is what we did at first. 3 x 25 litre plastic oil containers.

Occasionally you may find a petrol station has a fioul pump. We have had occasion to use diesel when we have run out on a Sunday but it is more expensive. We eventually got round to having a delivery from the depot, it worked out cheaper and didn't stink the car out.

I have since noticed that Carrefour and Auchan/Atac offer a delivery service as well.

Also we once had occasion to use fioul in a lorry, but don't tell anyone as it is just as illegal in France as it is in England !

Cheers

Thanks for your replies  -  and yes Peter, it is fuel / oil as opposed to paraffin. Ironically we only had a delivery of fuel for the main boiler 10 days ago, however, I forgot about this 'little' heater we have which runs off it's own tank.  I could syphon off....but then I don't fancy a mouth full of oil really...or the risk of!

And yes, Dyneff is a fuel depot which certainly in these parts (11) is a fairly big name.  I'll pop along with a container and see what I can get.  Sounds like I should also keep my eyes open for fuel from service stations too.

Many thanks,

Richard