Declaration De Travaux

St Lo

Hi, Just need a little advise as to what is required for permission for a loft conversion . I have filled out all forms for Marie but would I need to submit detailed drawings for loft conversion. 

Thanks  I hope someone can help with there past experiences

Regards St Lo 

Give as much information as you can. A quick back-of-a-fag-packet sketch would probably do, but computer programs to produce spectacular 3-D drawings are dirt cheap... Or as in the Mairie.

Just remember that, if your loft conversion takes the total FLOOR area of your house to over 170m2 you will need a Permis de consuire and plans submitted by a Architect (so it is best to check before you put in your D de T).

We started off with a DdT, but had it returned as we were putting windows in the roof, (both velux & chien assis) and converting the upstairs to a habitable area, we needed to complete a Permis Construire.

Both our agent and the Maire thought the DdT would be sufficient.... ho hum.

We had to present 4 copies of everything, including a map of the area, plans before and plans after with the changes in marked in red. Our total habitable area came to about 160 sq m so got away with not engaging an architect.

good luck