Red Floor tiles

Gus

I have original red floor tiles in my kitchen in Gers (possibly terracotta) on about 30% the surface has been worn . Does any one know of a way or product to restor them? is painting an option? if so what product would  be needed?

thanks.

I have a room with the same kind of tiles....is it possible to lift those tiles and re lay them(laid straight on dirt floor + room will be a bathroom.....prefer them in a kitchen!)? If I decide not to keep hem is there a market for them or do I throw them away?

hello there you can buy a specific product in brico marche   terracotta tile oil it puts the oil back into the tile and puts a shine on them but it take a few coats and as the tiles are porous it takes a good few hours for the tiles to absorb the oil so its best to do it last thing at night dont let anyone walk on it when its been done until it s totally dry , you can also buy in the supermarket cleaning products to put in water with linseed oil in  to clean the floor, however I must say altogether the floors will never look as new but they are an original feature  and you spend half or your day keeping them clean as I do because even if you spash them they stain

good luck

liz