Electricity and Plumbing Website

Quillan

I would like a specific and acurate link direct to where I can find basic information, with basic drawings of how a house is plumbed and wired in France. Perhaps an example of 1 bedroom small house might be the thing. I would get a book but I need to know within 24hrs, it's for a friend who does not have internet access.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

don't know if this is too late but I've found www.leroymerlin.fr very useful.  Look under conseils, there's loads of very good pdf leaflets as available in the shops. Covers electricity circuits, very good, and plumbing.  Like the wickes/B&Q leaflets in UK.

Also try other French DIY stores ie. www.castorama.fr http://www.mr-bricolage.fr etc etc.

Having bought some good books, often the pictures & diagrams are identical in the leaflets.

Hope this helps!

Chris

What I was looking for is information on wiring and plumbing a new house from scratch. Most of the websites, unless I am doing something wrong, show things like wiring in and plumbing a washing machine. What I want is a general design for a new build. My friends house is small and has a kitchen, lounge, bathroom and two bedrooms. Nothing fancy and he wants to keep it simple.