Application Process for Septic Tank(s)

Smiff

I would be grateful for comments from anyone who has gone through the (frustrating) procedure of trying to get a septic tank put in !

We applied through the Communaute des Communes, as told to by our Maire and, 6 weeks later, have been told that we need to resubmit our application (the whole thing !!) because we are having one fosse  for a house and three gites and therefore need an etude technique (which I am in the process of trying to organise).  The form we have to fill in requests a lot of technical information, and also a plan d'implantation, showing where the fosse will be situated etc.  Who do we get to fill this in (the builder who is organising the installation, the guy doing the etude technique, or the architect ?)  Sorry if this sounds dim, but the builder submitted the original form for us and I am totally confused by the whole process !!

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like your project is big enough to require an etude where you are. This will cost around 400 euros so get your money's worth and get them to do the form.

The application is quite simple really. What they want to know is where the project is situated, how far away it is from things like wells and boundarys, the soil percolation test result and who is responsible.

You can go into great detail but really the inspector from SPANC or whatever they call themselves where you are will make up his own mind and give you a detailed fiche technique for the builder to work from.