More fosse issues?

Valdo

French septic tanks seem to represent a bottomless pit of questions and issues and I'm sorry to add mine.

We are buying a house in a hamlet with no plans (checked with the mairie) for connection to main sewers any time soon.  Because of the nature of the land, we have to install an above ground filtering system.  We have been quoted 8-10,000 euros for a 'normal' filtering system (which would take up about 90m2 of ground surface, 3 feet high) and 11,600 euros for a much less intrusive Eparco compact filter system.

We would like to keep things as compact as possible to avoid uprooting all the trees in our garden but apart from Eparco, are not aware of any other compact filtering systems available or APPROVED by the authorities.  Anybody knows of anything else available out there which would be acceptable (above ground) for installation.  I know there are things called micro-stations but I believe they are only considered as 'pre-treatment', not filtering systems and as such would require more filtering at the other end anyway.  Can anybody shed a light?  Thanks!

I will be in a similar position (when I get checked for compliance with the regs at some point). Interested in your quotes and wondered what sized house that is for (e.g. number of people). Also interested in any costings people have for microstations.

Ian