Best place to advertise Rayburn

Craig

I purchased a reconditioned Navy Blue Rayburn in the UK last year it had been converted to Diesel for use on a boat prior to me buying it. It is unused and ideal for an installation in France. I would like some idea of the best place to advertise this. I am not using it as I am now going down the solid fuel route. I also have a brand new LPG combi boiler to advertise too. I was thinking of ebay.fr but I do not know how much exposure they would get there and would like to sell them prior to ordering the new equipment.

Cheers

Hi,

My advice is Ebay UK, but it will depend where the rayburn is right now??

If it's in the UK, Make the item available to Europe and not just UK. It will then turn up in searches made by French (or Brits more likely within France)

Describe it well... every little scratch or missing nut and bolt, otherwise you'll sell it for one price and end up having some tyre kicker (or AGA basher) knocking you down when they collect. You could stipulate a PAYPAL deposit of maybe 20% at end of auction, but I doubt many people are going to want to pay full amount blind on PAYPAL.  plus you want to keep that positive feedback don't you !!

For what it will cost (12p per photo, get some really good photo's showing it in all it's glory.. take about 4 or 5

There are over 30 of the little fellah's on ebay right now.. if it's a nice one, make sure everyone can see it is !

Offer a delivery service to France (if you can that is?) These are hefty bits of kit and the price will be prohibitive if a buyer has to have it shipped.. just needs to be to a rendevouz point near a port

Make sure the firebricks do not get displaced or cracked if it's to be transported. Many British buyers in France would love a rayburn, but would not have the faintest where to go if it needed servicing

If it's in France, i'd still put it on UK Ebay but i'd put the words UNIT IS IN FRANCE (dept No XX) in the main title

Having said all that, I'm interested myself ... :-)  where is it and how much do you want for it? Let me know as i'm going out via Dover to bolougne 18th feb heading to dept 50 (manche) and have transport

Cheers

Lee 

Thanks, I will pop it on ebay as soon as I can. I have to have a trip back to the Uk in my van in the next few weeks in any case so I could deliver it to anyone who bought it in the UK. I just thought that it would be infinately more sellable in France as it is already converted to French heating fuel ie diesel....

I have looked on ebay.fr before and it is not much cop. I will include the europe sell to option in my add and see what happens.

Thanks again

Craig