Hot Water

Bridan

I am about to install an electric hot water Ballon (200) litres, Does anybody know if I should site the tank on the floor or would it be better at a highter level (up to ceiling height)to give me more pressure for the shower etc.

Thanks in advance  Brian.(61).

Since french water heating systems are under mains pressure, you can situate the chauffe eau anywhere you like bearing in mind that the heater + water will be quite heavy. Ours is on a tripod stand AND fixed to the wall as belt and braces.

www.leschenauds.com

[quote user="chenauds"]
Since french water heating systems are under mains pressure, you can situate the chauffe eau anywhere you like bearing in mind that the heater + water will be quite heavy. Ours is on a tripod stand AND fixed to the wall as belt and braces.

www.leschenauds.com
[/quote]

I think that's the accepted way to do it: the tripod stand takes the weight, (NOT in considerable, once full of water!), and the wall fixings steady it, and stop it tipping off the stand.

Alcazar

The buggers are quite heavy enough empty. Certainly more than one man can lift and manouvre easily onto the wall fixings. 200 litres of water weighs a further 200 kilos (440 lbs or not far off 4 cwt!)

Les : don't you find the braces tend to stretch a bit ?

P