Maximum distance from oil tank to boiler?

Le 47

I have a question for all those heating engineers out there.

I am planning my central heating installation and have a question about the maximum distance the fuel tank can be sited from the boiler. The best place for me to site the tank is in a corner of the barn about 30 metres away from the boiler position in the house. The fuel supply pipe would  be in the ground with the boiler being about  1.5 metre or so higher than the tank.

Is this all OK in principal?

Would I need to use a larger than normal supply pipe between tank and boiler?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Bill

Bill .If you could raise your tank so the bottom of the tank is at least 1metre above the level of the oil pump on your boiler burner, at 30mt distance it would be ok to use10mm pipe on a single pipe system,that would give you just under1psi at the pump.If the tank is the same level as the burner you will have to use two pipe system with a tiger loop.If the tank  is lower than the burner you will have to use a single suction lift system with de-aerator and non return valve which will have to be primed etc to prevent damage to the oil pump.So summing up its cheaper and better to raise the tank.Not forgetting fire regs etc ie bundy walls if needed and oil cut out fire valve.Michael.