Double Oven

cheminot

Can't answer your question specifically, but when my wife wanted a range type cooker last year, we ended up importing: the French ones were poorly specced or horrendously expensive, or both.

Our dishwasher came from the UK too, a Bosch, it's available in France.........if you fancy parting with an extra £150!!!

Alcazar

We also wanted a double oven, as we had had in the Uk.  Didn't

manage to find one in France, they only seem to do the range style if

you want more than one oven and we settled for a single oven but a good

one.

We bought the rest of our white goods - chest freezer, dishwasher from

a local "destockage" place and found the prices brilliant.  We

also had a Bosch dishwasher and it was much cheaper than my mum has

just paid for a similer model in the UK!  Slightly off topic, we

bought a new TV from the internet (French website) and paid in euros

what it had cost us in pounds for a similar model back in the UK a

couple of years ago.

As with most things, it pays to shop around.....

Lou

You can get built in double ovens in France but there are only a few brands available and they are horrendously expensive. We considered having an "ordinary" built in electric oven and a combi-microwave oven as the 2nd, but the total cost, including a decent hob was still way too pricey.  I did quite a bit of research as I desperately wanted two ovens but didn't have the space or budget for a full size range cooker.  I found one on-line that is 1000ml wide, as opposed to the usual 1200 +, has 2 electric ovens, 2 grills, a rotisserie (as yet untried) and a 5 ring gas hob.

We also bought from the same supplier, the extract fan and dishwasher, all at much reduced prices and from a much better choice compared to ordering through a shop.( We compared them to a local destockage outlet too!) There are quite a few on-line suppliers with various pricing policies for delivery, guarantees etc, but they all seem to be very competitive.

Good luck with your choice!

Hi

Okay as people have asked, both here & pm's, for the company we used,  it was www.armenager.com

We have no association with this company, other than as satisfied customers. They have a showroom in Paris & an excellent website making it simple to choose & purchase everything on-line.

We purchased a Sauter range, model SCM100XF1 which we are very happy with. The dishwasher is de dietrich DVF300JE1, packed with features & very quiet in use. The extraction unit is a Brandt AG357XP1 double fan built-in unit 70cm wide. We wanted a traditional look above the range so I built a hood with the extractor almost hidden from view, very powerful & nice quality feel to it with a low profile which made it easier to conceal.

Think that about covers everything, hope that helps.

Best wishes