fuseboxes

donaldw

Having recently bought a house in the Mayenne I was astounded to find that, despite a very new looking and properly labelled fusebox in the basement, nothing I did ,i.e.sliding out individual fuses or in fact the whole lot!, seemed to switch off power to any socket or light fitting in the house!!.. I eventually switched off the main incoming power switch so i could put up a bulb!! Help!!?  any ideas[:

Has the house also been rewired or has the tableau electrique just been upgraded to a modern one? If the latter, then it is possible that you have a secondary block of fuses or even another tableau electrique somewhere else in the house. It is difficult to comment without seeing the installation.

It surprised me when I purchased my house but it has a number of different fuse boxes in different places. Electricians who have seen it have not commented about all these different boxes - in fact one wanted to install another !!

I'm building an additional bedroom at the moment and the electrician proposed running the lights and sockets to the room from a fuse box in the barn rather than the one in the house (as the cable runs would be easier).

Ian