Shared Renovation Project?

Chris T

Hi,

I am new to this and have not done much research as yet, but I was wondering if anyone would want to share a renovation project? Reasons for sharing:

1. Basically having renovated our UK house over many years, my wife would not contemplate living on another 'building site' so I would need to get somewhere into reasonable shape on my own before she would be prepared to spend time in France.

2. Practical and moral support during the tricky times.

3. I would be looking for someone who had a good working knowledge of French (mine's a bit basic), even better some previous experience or knowledge about French regualtions etc

4. Renovation rather than ready to move in as I enjoy renovation work, and obviously there's the cost advantage

I am a well orgainised (engineer and project manager by profession, now sort of retired), competent at electrics, plumbing, bricklaying, carpentry. I would be looking for somewhere fairly southern, possibly Pyrenees. Would need somewhere largeish which could be split into two, alternatively a pair of properties. I could also help with some initial funding.

Maybe a long shot, but anyone interested?

Chris