Glycero or acrylic paint

Chocolate

Please can anyone tell us what the difference is between two types of paint. One is called 'Glycero' and the other is called 'Acrylic'. We assume they are for different situations?

Our sejour is covered with chunky crepi and needs to be painted as it is a horrid dirty white. Do we use acrylic or do we use glycero? Emulsion seems to come in both types, especially in the huge tubs containing the amount we need.

The difference is that Acrylic is PVA based and therefore dilute or clean brushes with water. Glycero is White spirit based and therefore dilute or clean brushes with white spirit.

I personally prefer acrylic as it dries quickly and doesn't smell much. However some glyceros are more durable for exterior work. I have usually found that French Glycero is very thin and drips all over the place.

I have seen glycero (oil based) paint for use on interior walls but like Fulcrum I find it cleaner to use acrylic or vinyl (water soluble emulsions) for walls.  You used to get eggshell paint in the UK which was oil based and used on walls, but that has largely been replaced by washable vinyls. 

I never, ever buy cheap acrylic now - I found it usually has the covering power of water and takes half a dozen coats.  Much better to pay more for a decent brand like Novemail or Dulux (though the prices and quality are, respectively, above and below what you might expect in the UK).

Does anyone know if the glycero in France has better covering power than the acrylics?