cement block 'shed'

Le_Jars

I have had permission for a shed (5m x 3m) to be built in my garden and I am in the middle of laying a concrete base.

On the original submitted plans I said it would be bulit in wood, with a proper tiled roof. Now I'm thinking I would like to build it in cement blocks. Is there anything to stop me doing that now?

It will be exactly the same size as the original and I will clad it in wood anyway to keep it more sympathetic to the surroundings, but I want it to be more substantial and insect-free than just a wooden shed.

I am in the middle of building an Abri (shed) in my garden.

Because I live in a conservation area the planning authority laid down very strict criteria for its construction which differed from my original plan. They simply listed what type of constuction/materials and even the finish colours of wood, render and tiles I must use saying that provided I complied with this I could go ahead.

I would say that provided there are no restrictions like this on your permis then you can use whatever method of construction you prefer as long as you keep to the stated dimensions.

cheminot

Thanks Cheminot. I stated what I would make the shed from, so I wasn't given any guidelines, so..... I'm assuming that I can make it from what I like within reason. I just thought maybe if it was made from a more 'substantial' material they could say it was living accomodation and tax it so.

I must say the mayor here seems very laid back so I might just do it. What with the elections coming up soon too, he might not be there in a few weeks!