Solar collectors

Tibblington

Picture lower down the page here. http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/2/1337731/ShowPost.aspx#1337731 I believe can be used for heating house water as well as swimming pools. See also http://www.solarsolaire.fr/solarprices.html  

PS very expensive  in my opinion and DIY options much cheaper but probably not as efficient. You have to ask how long is the payback time?

Thanks for the question.

If you need more information about Evacuated tube solar systems you can look on my website, as far as an installation is concerned it depends on where in France you are. I can send you an installation coordinates OK if you email me your contact details.

The system performes very well in all the installations (some times too well) but it depends a lot from site to site what the results will be.

Value for money is a big question, but using bench test results Evacuated tube system out perform everything else by a country mile (4€/kw/h) DIY is also possible if you have some plumbing experience.

Andrew

I have just had a quote from a local installer for a system with evacuated tubes and will probably have them fitted later this year. I am quite capable of fitting the system myself, but with the tax rebate for these systems it is just not worth doing. Much easier to get the local guy to do it.

I have done plenty of research on the subject and there are many people who sell or install these systems, but at least two of the vendors in this area have websites that don't work, so I won't bother with them. Another company from Perigueux made an appointment to come and give me a quote, but did not turn up for the appointment and phoned the next day to say that they could not find my house. This was despite having the address and a map that I had drawn a week before. How can you trust these firms that can't be bothered to sort their website out or phone to ask where you are.

Much better to trust the local artisan.

We have a Navitron system for our pool heating. I bought it from Navitron before it was available in France. It is very good kit and as I am NOT a plumber and  installed it I can say that it is easy to install.

We had some French friends here this morning. He is going to install a pool and wanted to have a look at our system. It was one of the first cloudy days for ages and he was impressed that the collector temp was 40C and rising. As far as I know it is one of the least expensive systems you can get that is efficient. I don't include plastic mat systems.

I also think that they look good too![:D][:D]

If you live anywhere close to Carcassonne then you are quite welcome to have a lok at our solar system along with the floating roller security cover and our Chemigem auto chlor/PH system!! I would also show you the zeolite filter material, but I am loath to remove the top of the filter [:-))]...

I take it the install of your kit is for the house hot water/central heating Bob, 'cause if it's for the pool then I don't think the tax man will be kind to you with a rebate?

I am thinking of upgrading the solar we have for our hot water and by the time we will have paid the price that a local supplier/installer wants for the kit and install, 4000€ for a 20 X 57mm panel alone, it is a LOT cheaper to DIY.