Electricity socket close to swimming pool

Our swimming pool looks lovely in my mind's eye, but at present its proposed corners are only marked out by 4 up-turned flower pots on the old vegetable patch. One day we will have a pool..........one day......

Just now, I want an electricity socket outside, have power in the barn and plan to drill through a 2 foot thickness of stone wall and fit a proper external socket at about shoulder height. If......er..... I mean when the pool is built this socket will be on the back wall of an outside, but roofed over, lounging area where we'll have the beds and chairs to keep out of the sun, a small table with the cold beers - you know the kind of dream.

If this area, say 3 metres away from the edge of an inground pool has an electricity socket on a wall is it OK for French regs ?

Note: The regs are certain to change by the time we get the pool, but I like to plan ahead. 

I do not see any problem so long as the socket is fit for outdoor use, has an adequate earth and you have th correct differential disjunctor on the circuit. Naturally all of this would be the work of a qualified and registered electrician so naturally he would comply with the regs.

Andrew

I'm pretty sure there are no regs against this sort of arrangement, but the fact that you are even asking the question suggests that you are not entirely happy with the arrangement. I wouldn't be if I had young kids playing by the pool, but otherwise I see no real problem (normal best practice having been followed), but in the end, it's your decision...

With no specific regs preventing the placing of a socket close to a pool I'd make sure it was well out of "normal" reach of young people - maybe even in a little box, like a bird nesting box.

I'm surprised though, as I thought there would be some regulation because I've been doing all sorts of pencil marks on walls and measuring to keep on the right side of Zones 1, 2 & 3 in a new bathroom when planning lights, illuminated mirror, towel rail and the like..