what does this siret number mean?

Rose

Dear all we're thinking of having a single garage built and one devis we've had is from a builder who's siret number says he is registered for 'other building completion and finishing'. Can someone tell me what this actually means... does it cover the building of a garage?

many thanks [:)]

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Nic... sorry for the slow reply!  We've now asked to see the Carte d'Identification and insurance documents to double check... we're still waiting though.  He has asked us to sign the devis but we're holding firm until we've seen these documents.  He's a really nice chap but this is a reasonably large garage + workshop and we want to be sure the person we employ is qualified to do the job and fully registered.  He's also suggesgted we start work before we get the planning docs and this too worries me. (I should add we said no)

after reading so many posts on this and other forums we (OH and me) both feel very nervous about employing the wrong person... so we want to ensure we do everything by the book... so if there is anyone out there in 24 who has had similiar work done by a registered and qualified artisan we're still open to some good word of mouth recommendations... PM's only though please [:)]