Woodburners

nemltd

Hi all, hope everybody is coping ok in the recession, if you are permantly in France enjoying life then I am very jealous. We are a few years from that yet, still dreaming!

Please can anyone help us?

We have decided to put on hold the installation of a new oil boiler due to the cost, (also awaiting some details of solar water heating from 'poolguy'). Instead we would like to install a woodburner into our fireplace.

Could anyone tell me the regulations on minimum distance from the front of the fireplace that the woodburner can stand, our 'maison secondaire' is in the Gers (32). We would really like to know of a professional installer but cannot find one.

We have seen a woodburner (10kw) in 'Machine Mart' and would like to buy it subject to knowing if the size is ok for our fireplace. We are leaving for a week in France on Tuesday 9th June and would like to take the woodburner with us, if it fits ok.

Thanks

Tony

hello just a word of warning when  we bought our house in france it was fitted with a stove from the company you mentioned it was useless it would pay to spend a bit more and buy a better one. there is nothing worse then being cold .DON,T COMPROMISE IT'S NOT WORTH IT  

Good old ebay, have been looking without any luck. Thought I'd stumbled on a bargain but obviously there are stoves, and there are stoves!

Anybody know what to look for in a stove, just so I don't walk in to a cheap 'useless' variety.

Thanks again for advice.