"voyant" for immersion heater switch

sid

Out in our "chaufferie" we have the switch for the immersion heater on a panel along with the interrupteurs for the central heating boiler etc. When we use the immersion heater, which is not very often as the water is usually heated from the boiler, it often gets left on longer than intended. Just at the moment our boiler is out of action so we've been using the immersion heater and it's been left on twice now for a couple of days at a time. I know it will cycle depending on the thermostat setting but I'd like some sort of visual indication when it's on. In UK we had a switch on the kitchen wall with a neon indicator - so easy to see. Electrical systems are different here and I've never seen a neat switch like that, and in any circuits like this are normally controlled from the tableau on a timer module I think. The tableau is not readily visible, (old house), so I could swap the present interrupteur for one with a voyant, but I'd still have to go out to the boiler room to check it.

Is there a neat solution available whereby I could mount an indicator lamp in parallel with the immersion heater but have the indicator in the kitchen say (or at least somewhere more convenient)?

Does it not have a switch which has 'on' 'off' and 'auto' positions on it? If so just extend the switched line back to where you want and put an indicator spur on it down line where you want it then that should do what you want?

BigMac, this is the last part of the house to get updated electricity-wise. The switch is a Legrand 3 pole rocker switch and looks to be at least 20 years old, possibly more. It's situated on the wall below the ballon and has two little traingular flag "windows" (mechanical indicators) to show whether it's on or off. Without a torch I can't even see the switch, let alone the indicators. [:-))] Crazy place to put it. So, no, it's not the usual modern type with the 3 positions.

An indicator spur? What would that look like? I assume that you mean to feed the supply back to somewhere more convenient and thence return to the heater?

Sorted, I think. I'll bring the wiring up from the junction box on the wall to a more convenient height to one of these:

[IMG]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k611/basstrom79/forum%20pics/cacheborne.jpg[/IMG]

and use and indicator switch like this:

[IMG]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k611/basstrom79/forum%20pics/004326_pw_92087.jpg[/IMG]