best price metal studding

BIG MAC

Its often on promo in brico-depot for €1.69 per length, same price for a 2.5m montant or a 3m rail or fourrure, despite the ups and downs of metal prices its still a reasonable deal as back in 2005 I paid €1.35 on promo and was told it was a really good price and I have never equalled it.

When I bought some in the UK for a renovation I went to a supplier where i still had a trade account and it cost me close to £5 per length inc vat, I think its that price or more in Wickes and Selco.

As an aside the mercahnts in France belittle the brico studding saying it isnt NF (as usual) and that its thinner, well the thickness is identical and I much prefer the cheaper rails as when I snip the two legs the base section will fatigue fracture after being bent 2 or 3 times, the NF stuff takes 20 or 30 cycles before breaking which is really frustrating.

bottom line is that it is only a spacer to hold tha plasterboard apart which gives the cloison its rigidity.

Be aware that the UK system for suspended plasterboard ceilings (not the office/shop tile type) is completely different to the French one and in my view very inferior, it requres a lot of knowledge, experience and dexterity on the part of the fitter to use even in a simple situation, the French system doesnt really require any other than the setting out and there are components available for most situations albeit at a cost.

Cheers Chancer,

I don't know if the DIY systems can be used with end to end joiners and are suitable for under the roof slope in an attic though. I have the roof above a 5x5 metre room to do and the chevrons are quite 'rustic' I am looking for a system with some form of adjustment to allow me to level the surfaces out - if that makes sense. I shall have a shufti on Brico depot's website and see what I can glean...Thank you