Postcrete

Elstow

I have found this stuff to be very useful,  but have had to bring it from England. As it is made by Lafarge it really ought to be available in France, but I have had no luck trying to find it, and have had no reply from Lafarge themselves. Does anyone know what it is called in France, and which of the major chains handle it?

Many thanks

Hi Leroy Merlin sell it in 20kg bags, it's called Beton Express in their case. I used it to put in 30 fence posts, and a 20kg bag easily did a 25cm x 25cm x 30cm hole with post in situ. I know some of the other brico places sell a similar product in 25kg bags, if you're asking if they have some I think the general phrase is 'beton prise rapide'.

The quick setting stuff sells at a considerable premium over the bêton prêt à l'emploi and if like most people you dont use water, or very little but ram it in dry around the post letting the ground humidity Harden it, then you have no need of the fast setting stuff.

Whenever I have used it it has been anything but fast setting, mortier de scellement, well that does go off real quick.