Complete France Forum

cost of termite treatment

andymturner

we've got termites in our small, two bedroom house in Languedoc and need to get it treated. We've had two estimates that we think are pretty high, both made on the same basis: all structural timbers treated and all perimiter masonry at ground floor level, plus all door/window frames (five in total). The two estimates vary from €6,700 to €8,200. We're planning on getting a third but I wondered what others have paid for similar work? Any other tips from people who've been through similar procedures gratefully received.

Termite treatment is notoriously difficult, as a simple injection/spraying will only get rid of that generation & they'll come back. Most "modern" treatments (successful enough to be able to offer a warranty upon) are very longwinded and invlove actually attracting the critters out of the building before disposing of them.

Thankfully, we don't suffer from them this far north, so I can't actually comment upon the prices you have received. Get another quote, but don't hold out too much hope of a significant reduction. Use a reputable company, termites are not a DIY job. Remember that, with termites, you must get a guarantee (in writing) otherwise you may have significant problems when you come to sell the house...

Our treatment in dept 33 (near Bordeaux) cost 3500 euros for a 110 sq metre house.  To help you compare:

* We did not have any termites in the doors or windows as they hadn't got that far but all the frames were treated nevertheless. 

* We did not have any termites anywhere near the roof and they didn't treat these timbers as there was no need. 

* We do have a mezzanine and these floor timbers were treated because they are linked to a door frame.

* Included in the price was the removal and disposal of all affected timber floors (very important as this is not easy in France)

That is a lot less than what we have been quoted to treat Capricorn [8-)]. I actually thought I saw termites when we were there the other week in our masonry but I sprayed them and they disappeared. A stone mason visited the next day and said that you would never see termites on the outside so assumed they were flying ants (at least I hope so [blink]).

In any case, I think this thread proves that anything can be overcome. I have always found that getting at least three quotes gives a good idea. Best of luck.

• 12 years later...
Hello all members,

There are numerous ways that property holders can treat termites. The decision, be that as it may, relies upon the breadth of the harm and the measure of termites exhibit in the structure.

There are numerous organizations that give free statements and assessment, so you may exploit such organizations to evaluate the last cost. Termite treatment cost additionally relies upon the sort of termite exhibit at your home. As a general rule, there are two primary kinds of termites that will attack a home. The main basic sort of termite intrusion is an underground termite, which lives around three to four feet from the home. They ordinarily involve the establishment or the zone between the Tesco and the establishment and leave indications of attack called mud tubes.

• 2 months later...
Termites actually destroy the structure of your home, and that is the place a portion of your greatest expenses will be. The normal expense to mortgage holders to fix termite harm is $3,000, however that can fluctuate broadly relying upon the degree of the harm and precisely what they ate.

which is most regularly utilized for drywood termites, is over the top expensive and the cost increments with the measure of the home to be dealt with. It can run anyplace somewhere in the range of $1300 and $2500 or more.

http://controlpestsydney.com.au/best-pest-control-sydney/

• 1 month later...

Archived