Complete France Forum

Beaune

Finally, we have found somewhere we would like to move to in France.  After many months searching especially in the SW, we have now decided it's Beaune for us.  We have been over  to look at houses and will be going again at the month's end.  Is there anyone on the forum living in and around Beaune and can give me an idea what it's like to live there? Is there any news on the Ryanair flights from Dijon to London?

Many thanks

Dale

Hi I have been to Beaune many times and love it but been only in the spring and summer.  Our friend lives just some miles from Beaune and says the winters in the area can be very very cold and somewhat depressing.  Her words not mine her opinion not yours!

Also love Dijon but like most wonderful places Dijon and Beaune get very busy in the summer.

Our friend is thinking of moving back to Normandy from Beaune.  Her views not yours or mine.

Is this a second home or a permanent basis and have you been there in the winter?

rdgs

[quote user="Daley"] Finally, we have found somewhere we would like to move to in France.  After many months searching especially in the SW, we have now decided it's Beaune for us.  We have been over  to look at houses and will be going again at the month's end.  Is there anyone on the forum living in and around Beaune and can give me an idea what it's like to live there? Is there any news on the Ryanair flights from Dijon to London?
Many thanks
Dale
[/quote]

I just went on Google Earth to find out where Beaune is.  What made you decide to cease looking in the south west and turn your attention to the central east (the very thought of the winter temperatures there makes me shiver)?

Hi,

We live about 1hr 30minutes from Beaune north of Dijon. Yes, the winters can  be very cold down to -10 or so but they are relatively short and also the past winter had very little snow and the temperature only got down to-10 on a very few days.

Have not heard any further news regarding the re-instatement of flights between Dijon and London. The airport, that is part military, is supposed to be having the runway strengthened and the rumours were that flights to London would begin again this summer. However, the Eurostar/TGV service from London to Dijon is very good.

Finally, There are many interesting places other than just Beaune and Dijon around  the Burgundy  region and you also might find the BurgundyPulse forum of interest for further insight and assistance if needed.

George sans 's'

Archived