Complete France Forum

frais de notaire

[quote user="suein56"] I especially love the bit where the various taxes to be paid are explained along with the following snide comment  "improprement appelés « frais de notaire »" - priceless. Sue [:)]
[/quote]

When updating our C d'U recently our geometre pointed out that our property is made up of several fields with a neighbours field inbetween, he suggested that we could swop fields with the neighbour, enabling us to combine all of ours as a single plot, and informed us that Madame bridonneau n'est pas opposee a un echange sous reserve de pouvoir proceder a la coupe des arbres qui sont sur sa parcell pour faire du bois de chauffage avant l'echange.[:)] Fair enough, but please could someone inform me what and how much fees are likely, doing this?

The geometre went on to say : Ci-joint egalement l'arrete d'alignement qui a ete delivre concernant la distance a respecter en limite de la route, which google translates as ''Herewith also the arrete alignment which has been awarded on the distance limit in respect of the road''; I'm guess this is not the meaning of what he is trying to say, please could someone advise? Thanks a bunch[8-|]

[quote user="just john "]

The geometre went on to say : Ci-joint egalement l'arrete d'alignement qui a ete delivre concernant la distance a respecter en limite de la route, which google translates as ''Herewith also the arrete alignment which has been awarded on the distance limit in respect of the road''; I'm guess this is not the meaning of what he is trying to say, please could someone advise? Thanks a bunch[8-|]

[/quote]

"Attached is the official document concerning the rules with regard to the distance from the road", or something to that effect.

Was there anything attached?

You will need to contact the Notaire to establish what charges are likely. It will depend on the size of land and the work involved. I'm sure you are aware that the géometre says your neighbour would like to cut the wood on her land before swapping it. You should have also had a document to show the outline of your land where it abuts the road. I guess you may have some overhang from hedges or trees or just that you (or a previous owner) have encroached onto the road with a fence, which is why they are bringing it to your attention. PM me if you want for more info.

[quote user="Maricopa"][quote user="just john "]
[/quote]
"Attached is the official document concerning the rules with regard to the distance from the road", or something to that effect.
Was there anything attached?[/quote]

thanks for your reply M, looking at it again the logical conclusion seems to be a definition of the Roadside verge?
attached were two documents, Arrete de voirie portanta alignement;  et Certificat d'Urbanisme, which run to three pages each and not simple french for my ability, (nor google translation possibly).

[quote user="Judie"]You will need to contact the Notaire to establish what charges are likely. 
I guess you may have some overhang from hedges or trees or just that you (or a previous owner) have encroached onto the road with a fence, which is why they are bringing it to your attention. PM me if you want for more info.[/quote]

Is there a formula for working charges out?, the two plots are about 1000sqm each  

There is an old wire fence in about the middle of their verge, which is about 2/3 metres wide.

Archived