Complete France Forum

A little translation help please....

Hello all

I'm required to fill out a French postal address within a French web page form and a required entry when inputting the French address is labelled as "Seirat"
This normally translates as "Would" in English, but not sure what they require in this box?  I thought perhaps domain or region etc...

Sorry for such a basic question, but my French or lack of, has stumped me on this one.

So, the completed entries I have made are for ....

1: Nom de la rue - ok

2:Numéro du batiment - ok

3:Code postal - ok

4:Serait   ???

5:Pays - ok

Any clues would be much appreciated, thank you! 🙂

4 minutes ago, betise said:

Number 4 would normally be your commune/town.  Does it show "Seirat" (as in your post) or "Serait" (as in your example)?

@betise, thanks for your quick reply.
Well spotted, I mispelt the word in my post sorry, but the correct spelling is indeed shown in the example. 

So, Serait is the word..
It just doesn't translate well, but I will try inputting the commune as you suggest

Thank you again.. 

Ah betise, you have once more solved a mystery for me!  I couldn't make head or tail of this request of the OP but I did agree with your reply to simply put the name of the commune.

Heavens!  Why on earth would they use auto-translate?  On important documents, that is an easy way to disaster.

Someone asked me to write and make an appointment for a "TEP scan " as it is called in French. I wrote it but he who is a know-all changed what I had written to PET scan, as it is in English, and sent that off

What he wrote was asking for an scan for his 'animal de companie' ....😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, NormanH said:

Someone asked me to write and make an appointment for a "TEP scan " as it is called in French. I wrote it but he who is a know-all changed what I had written to PET scan, as it is in English, and sent that off

What he wrote was asking for an scan for his 'animal de companie' ....😊

The perils of translation indeed .. I now find I say TEP scan even when in England, and have to translate backwards when they look confused .. but I must admit, I had never made the connection with" animal de companie".. silly me!!