Complete France Forum

visa waivers

The media have been mentioning these visa waivers for non-holders of EU passports when entering EU countries.

Though I have no travel plans in mind this year and though I haven't visited the UK except for a brief 10 days in 2008, I do have walking holidays in Spain and Italy some years.

So with my UK passport, does that mean that I would need these waivers when I go for my walking holidays next year?

Thanks, crabtree, I keep my cds with my carte vitale and also my credit card so if I am knocked over by a bus and get taken to hospital they can treat me without wondering if I am entitled to health care and if there is something to pay, the means to do it is there.

I guess it's a variation of when you were told to always wear clean knickers in case of a bus hitting you by accident.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'm glad you've mentioned that, Norman.

I had renew the EHIC once just telephoning so I did the same thing a couple of years ago for myself and OH.  He got a new card but I never had mine.

Must look into this matter again though I have not had cause to use it or need it.