Complete France Forum

choice of Tim Walz by Kamala Harris

menthe

MOST interesing choice for running mate (is that the right term) by KH.

Has anyone else taken the time to look TW up?

On the face of it, I'd say he is a good choice and could well increase Kamala Harris's chances.

If you haven't yet googled, I encourage you to.....of course, only if you are a bit of a politics watcher, as I am.

Kamala Harris has confirmed her selection of Minnesota’s Governor Tim Walz, as her running mate in the US election – the man who went viral for calling Trump and JD Vance “weird”. Insightful…

Walz has been lauded by the left for his “liberal policies” as Governor, which include making breakfast and lunch free for all students, allowing undocumented immigrants to get driver’s licences and signing a bill mandating schools to stock period products in boys’ loos. Aligns with Harris’ woke policies then…

Walz is famous for his climate crusade, splurging hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars to cut carbon emissions, while jacking up gasoline and motor vehicle sales taxes. He also slapped a 50-cent fee on deliveries over $100. He’s been slammed by Republicans for his tax-high budgets – proposing and implementing a fifth income-tax tier for married couples earning more than $1 million as well as higher tax rates on capital gains. His reason: “That just makes it fair”. Walz, along with tax-happy Harris, could create one of the most left-wing, high-tax environments America has seen in a long time…

I'm sure the average US Liberal voter will think he's absolutely wonderful and the answer to all their dreams. The others, not so much.

56 minutes ago, Harnser said:

Walz has been lauded by the left for his “liberal policies” as Governor, which include making breakfast and lunch free for all students,

I have never understood the mentality of the average republican. They will force a woman to give birth regardless of age/ability/ or the circumstances of conception then abandon said child to either go hungry of become the victim of gun crime.

1 hour ago, Harnser said:

He’s been slammed by Republicans for his tax-high budgets – proposing and implementing a fifth income-tax tier for married couples earning more than $1 million as well as higher tax rates on capital gains. His reason: “That just makes it fair”

Can't argue with that. 😇

22 minutes ago, DaveLister said:

or become the victim of gun crime. (edited quote)

As a gun owner and an avid veteran hunter, Tim Walz received "A" ratings from the National Rifle Association in his 2010, 2012, 2014 and 2016 congressional re-election races.

14 minutes ago, cajal said:

or become the victim of gun crime. (edited quote)

my bad 😃

15 minutes ago, cajal said:

As a gun owner and an avid veteran hunter, Tim Walz received "A" ratings from the National Rifle Association in his 2010, 2012, 2014 and 2016 congressional re-election races.

Very true which makes him all the more interesting don't you think?

I wish they'll just get the show on the road!  No, I DON'T think it's funny or am I belittling the American presidential election but I DO expect to enjoy some of the debates and, most of all, to enjoy seeing Trump squirm at some of the things that are going to be thrown at him.  I hope lots of it will stick and that he will not be able to dodge them as he so famously dodged that "bullet"!

Here's a "bullet" that Harris can't dodge, it's on her record.

"A few months into her political career, Kamala Harris made a decision that would follow her for more than a decade — and will likely come up again now that she’s Joe Biden’s running mate.

Shortly after Harris became San Francisco’s district attorney in 2004, a police officer was murdered by a gang member using an assault rifle*. Harris, sticking to a campaign pledge, said she wouldn’t pursue the death penalty for the killer.

At officer Isaac Espinoza’s funeral a few days later, California Sen. Dianne Feinstein, a Democrat, used her eulogy to attack Harris.

“This is not only the definition of tragedy; it’s the special circumstance called for by the death penalty law,” Feinstein said. The thousands of cops in attendance at St. Mary’s Cathedral roared to their feet as Harris sat staring ahead stone-faced.

“It was like a bomb,” said Chris Cunnie, a former head of the local police union who later went on to work for Harris and was sitting in a pew across the aisle from Harris when Feinstein delivered her rebuke. “I’ve never been in a church where the whole church was up clapping. The only person who didn’t stand up was the archbishop.”

https://www.vice.com/en/article/progressives-think-kamala-is-a-cop-but-cops-hated-harris-for-years/

*Officer Espinonza was murdered in broad daylight by a gang member he saw carrying and  attempting to conceal a rifle. He stopped the suspect who uncovered the rifle and shot Officer Espinoza five or six times.

2 hours ago, Harnser said:

*Officer Espinonza was murdered in broad daylight by a gang member he saw carrying and  attempting to conceal a rifle. He stopped the suspect who uncovered the rifle and shot Officer Espinoza five or six times.

Isaac Espinonza was shot twice whilst attempting to detain two men. It was night and he and his partner were in an unmarked car in plain clothes. The men were not detained at the scene and later Espinonza's partner ( the single eyewitness ) could only be 70% certain that the apprehended suspect was the shooter.

The suspect however, before his arrest, confessed to his grandmother that he had killed someone by mistake.

Harris has long been an opponent of the death penalty .

She said that in her experience as a prosecutor, it was not a deterrent to crime.

“Nobody ever stood there and was about to pull the trigger and then decided, ‘Hmm. Is this going to be life without the possibility of parole or the death penalty?’ ”

As it happens Senator Dianne Feinstein ended up agreeing with her.

Regarding this case, Harris is quoted as saying as recently as last Wednesday  “I did what I believed was the right thing to do, and the killer of that officer will be in prison for the rest of his life.”

Can't say the lady doesn't have principles.

• Like 1