Complete France Forum

Rant of the day

Went to the clinic yesterday for my dodgy ankle. It was agreed that the best cause of action was a series of injections into the tendon, beginning next week, and I was duly given a prescription to be filled. Two hours later I've scoured every pharmacy in a 20km radius. Out of stock, has been for months, none expected anytime soon.

The clinic should have known. They would have received the same notification from ANSM as the pharmacies. Now I have to drive back to the clinic to, hopefully, get a replacement prescription. Otherwise the appointments will be cancelled.

Sometimes a little joined up thinking wouldn't go a miss.

Yes….I have the same problem with my shoulder…..i.e needs an infiltration.

OH managed to find the drug (guessing it is the same)….but it was the last one literally in the area. All places are now out of stock.

To get an appointment for infiltration takes three weeks. They are all fully booked with appointments.

So where are people getting this drug from ? 

luck would have it, the the pain has gone and full movement has resumed. So I don’t need the infiltration at the moment.

So I could be the only person in the country with this drug.

7 minutes ago, alittlebitfrench said:

Yes….I have the same problem with my shoulder…..i.e needs an infiltration.

OH managed to find the drug (guessing it is the same)….but it was the last one literally in the area. All places are now out of stock.

To get an appointment for infiltration takes three weeks. They are all fully booked with appointments.

So where are people getting this drug from ? 

luck would have it, the the pain has gone and full movement has resumed. So I don’t need the infiltration at the moment.

So I could be the only person in the country with this drug.

Send it to Lister to stop his whinging!

11 minutes ago, menthe said:

DL, I have read that online drugs may not be the genuine article.

Thanks,

I was making a flippant suggestion to ALBF that he might be able to make a tidy profit. 😀

What annoys me is that the clinic are continuing to make appointments and issuing prescriptions for a product which they have been notified is en rupture. I would have been much happier to be told 'you need a jab, here's a prescription, book an appointment once you've been able to get it filled'. Or even, ' You need a jab but the manufacturer is currently having problems, we'll book you an appointment once stocks are back to normal '.

As I said, joined up thinking.

Not a great help to current joint pain sufferers I realise but worth considering as long term 

I have taken a diet supplement to improve and maintain my joint health for at least the past 20 years. Having wrecked my back and one ankle by daily heavy lifting when I was a partner in a business, including a lot of lifting, walking about carrying heavy weights and receiving no real help from UK doctor apart from the advice to just take paracetamol when it hurt.

I started taking glucosamine daily and after about 4 to 6 weeks started to feel an improvement so have carried on with it.to this day. I don't get recurring joint problems - ok I get a bit stiff after swinging a big brushcutter or hauling a walk-behind mower about but it doesn't last like it used to.

I take the glucosamine HCL with vitamin C variant made from corn - I found the one made from shellfish caused stomach upsets.  Healthspan are good and reliable but there are dozens of other sources I guess. 

Don't take it without doing some research on interactions with drugs you may be taking such as:-

https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/glucosamine.html