Complete France Forum

Should you drink the water?

Disappointing reading.  Will add to the ridiculous market of bottled water

Add this to breathing the air around us, eating processed or treated fresh food.

Could help explain why life expectancy in Europe is reducing, good news for the pension payments!

Since arriving here in 2009 we have used bottled water for cooking and drinking.

We started out using tap water but a few weeks later found that the kettle had a strange deposit in the bottom, brown/green in colour and smelt nasty.

So it’s been bottled water ever since.

The bottled water we use comes from a source in the Monts d’Arree and has very few minerals in it.

I have to say that this thread has encouraged me to investigate under-sink water filters.

On the tv, they did say this applies mainly in big cities.  In Paris, for example, the levels are over 4x recommended levels but still not at levels that could cause disease.  OTOH, they seem careful NOT to point out levels that will really impact life.

Personally, I am more worried about water kept in plastic bottles for possibly months on end; not just for my health but for the health of the environment   

• Like 1

On 08/04/2023 at 12:42, menthe said:

On the tv, they did say this applies mainly in big cities.  In Paris, for example, the levels are over 4x recommended levels but still not at levels that could cause disease.  OTOH, they seem careful NOT to point out levels that will really impact life.

Personally, I am more worried about water kept in plastic bottles for possibly months on end; not just for my health but for the health of the environment   

Sadly not mainly big cities.

https://www.letelegramme.fr/bretagne/en-bretagne-les-pesticides-nuisent-toujours-a-la-qualite-des-eaux-22-02-2023-13283890.php