Complete France Forum

Tour de France 2023; Cavendish and Astana

It was sad to hear that B&B Hotels team have been disbanded and the whole team are looking for new contracts. The most notable is Mark Cavendish who was lined up to lead the team, maybe in the TdF.

The good news is that he is reported to be signing for Astana who should be giving him a chance to win stages in the TdF this year. He will of course need another, exceptionally talented lead out rider if he is to have a decent chance of winning a record breaking 35 stages. I think his inclusion will enhance the whole tour.

• 1 year later...

18 months later I will raise this thread to the top. There must be at least one other member of CF who follows or is at least aware of the TdF. 
  Congratulations to Mark Cavendish who won his 35th stage yesterday. It was an impressive sprint against the best in the world. 

• Like 1

Well, I follow T de F avidly and all other things tend to get put on the backburner; watching the skill he used to get to the front after his lead out train got cut off, weaving, elbowing his way to the win was rather awesome. Boy was he hungry for that win.

Well done Cav.

Pity there is not a finish in Paris this year because of the bloody Olympic Games.

• Thanks 1