Complete France Forum

or to be precise three of them.....the FLIES, let alone the FLEAS....last but not least the FLIPPING FREEZING winters here! ( I am being polite with the the third description and yes that does start with an F!!!

Now don't get me wrong....we do enjoy living here but I can not remember reading anywhere about such things! 

[:@]

you may well ask why when we are sitting in a heatwave I have such thoughts? perhaps too much sun!

we have cats for over 20 years in Essex and the Isle of Wight and yet never used Frontline or similar! When we first moved into the farmhouse 5 years ago...the first morning...jumped out of bed....looked down at my ankles and thought freckles had appeard over night!!!!!  Flies...we had a smallholding on I.W. and with ducks, chickens and goats never did see the quantity over here!

Fortunately guests come back year after year...(animals banned) Flies not too bad here in the valley (not enought to install fly screens) but when we visit friends!!!!!!!!

Weather....Forgotton what an Essex winter can be like......but -11 the first year here! Nice here we come (again).