Complete France Forum

Is this a first?

mint

GOOD MORNING, EVERYBODY!

Look at the time....I'm up and about and posting!  Definitely a first for me.

Thought I'd wake you all up as well.

To tell the truth, only on the puter to check up on conditions in Bordeaux airport and the weather.

Fog.....lots of it!

Best place is back to bed, I think..............if only.............

[quote user="sweet 17"]

GOOD MORNING, EVERYBODY!

To tell the truth, only on the puter to check up on conditions in Bordeaux airport and the weather.

Fog.....lots of it!

[/quote]

07.59 French time !!!!!!, its the middle of the day. Some of us have been up and about for two hours by that time.

Yes, and some of us are in the Middle East and are hours earlier than Central European Time and others of us are in the Far East and are GMT plus 7 hours. LOL!

At least you're in the right place as far as weather goes.  Here in the southern Charente, it's freezing fog all day and signs asking you to be prudent on the motorways.

[quote user="sweet 17"]

Yes, and some of us are in the Middle East and are hours earlier than Central European Time and others of us are in the Far East and are GMT plus 7 hours. LOL!

At least you're in the right place as far as weather goes.  Here in the southern Charente, it's freezing fog all day and signs asking you to be prudent on the motorways.

[/quote]

Sweet,

Your post was timed at 10.59 on my screen, I am 3 hours later than France. Thats why I said 07.59 French time. eg its 21.01 for me now.

Weather wise, it was cold today (I mean cold) and it rained. Its winter here too. Go to work in the dark, come home in the dark. [:D]

Yes, I'd even consider sitting in it.........

Why do you keep changing your avatar?  What have you done wrong?  Are the Secret Service people after you?

Can you not call on the help of the French Security people to protect you?

Or, have you broken some tax law by getting involved in dodgey Off Shore operations (like oil rigs) and not declaring the interest to the impots?

[quote user="sweet 17"]

GOOD MORNING, EVERYBODY!

Fog.....lots of it!

[/quote]

Bully for you Sweet 17, after the (below) freezing temperatures of the last two weeks and now the rain I am thinking of hibernating until at least the end of January.[blink]

I don't do dark mornings[8-)]

Dear Cendrillon, I was only up because I had to!

Mind you, I quite liked it once I was up and about.  Then I walked the dog in the woods behind our house and it was beautiful, all foggy and mysterious and with snow left over from last week's snow storm in the sheltered areas.

If I could persuade my poor frozen body to leave my warm(ish) bed tomorrow morning, I might do it again!

[quote user="sweet 17"]Well then, leave that horrid place and come home to a real fire (err...petrole heater) in France!  Simple, really, isn't it?[/quote]

I would but, its not the money of course, I feel I must put my personal suffering aside in the interests of all those poor Emiratis who are desperate for good clean drinking water, who's children have such pathetic looks on their poor grubby pinched faces when they are really dieing from thirst and scrabbling around in foetid pools risking disease or worse...

Ok, enough of the bulls**t, .........Its the money    [:P]

What, only the filthy lucre?

Wish I could get hold of some of the stuff myself!

"Emiratis"?  Hope that's not a banned term like the "P" and the "N" word because otherwise you're in it big time.  If in doubt just read about Prince Harry and his errr..............slip of the tongue.

Strange isn't it, the papers here regularly use the diminutive for Pakistan even in headlines, and no-one seems to mind at all. Perhaps they are not 'PC' enough......yet.

Emirati is the approved term, there are others that are used, between consenting adults in private of course [:D]

Archived