Complete France Forum

Help with son's birthday, please

Frenchie

My son is soon going to celebrate his 15th birthday.

He's a formula 1 absolute FAN ...

I know there are a few petrolheads on the forum, who maybe could give me a hint ..

I'm looking for a way to make him happy...

A book ?  a DVD ?

Last summer we went to Oulton park, ( not formula 1 of course) but car races make him happy;..

I can't invest large amounts of money, and not knowing anything about formula 1, I thought I may get some ideas from you ..  

PS : He was in a kart club for a year , and he loved that. But it is sooooo expensive.... [:'(] 

You can do karting for a few hours in hired machines - how about  that?  There are plenty of F1 based DVDs about, would he find a review of a particular year interesting?  Or perhaps one based on his favourite team - whom does he support?  If he likes a particular team, they all do lots of merchandise -t-shirts, hats etc - maybe something like that?  Or if he can stand non F1 then how about an FFSA meeting near you?  I can steer you in the direction of a calendar if that helps?

Thank you very much .

He supports Renault, and Alonzo is his favourite pilot.

The season he's most interested in is 2005/2006 .

Something like a tee shirt is a good idea, will look fgor that on the internet, and maybe some karting session.

I'll look for DVDs etc.. If anyone can think of any, please tell me .

If you can send the calendar you were talking about, yes, please..

Merci !!

store.ing-renaultf1 Renaults store has caps from 29e and teeshirts from 39e, you could probably do better on e-bay but check the postage!  formula+1+renault&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Why not take him to a sport bar near you where they have this weekends GP on wide screen, the atmosphere is better than watching at home. Much better out in the thick of it.[8-|]

How about one of the events at Le Mans http://www.lemans.org/sport/sport/calendrier/index_gb.html

Or arrange a weekend away in Pau taking in the sight and sound of the real thing, historics, but just as exciting and not very expensive
Saturday 23 May 2009
Circuit has some fantastic viewing places, and you don't have to buy tickets to watch paddock and main grandstands not much money where you get close enough to touch some priceless cars, Chose your preferred viewing spot you can have lunch at one of the many restaurants or bars
Sunday 24 May
2009 promises some good grids in Pau, typically including an F1 and F2 race, a GT endurance race and many excellent support races.

Here you go:

http://www.ffsa.org/

Calendar on the right hand side of the page.  I know I don't have to explain to you how to use the thing....

Plus A FEW DVDs

Edit : OR, you could of course, educate him properly about real cars and bring him to Le Mans for the 24 hours - an experience it's impossible to duplicate at any other motor racing event, imo.  And a snip at around 50€ .....[Www]

[quote user="Frenchie"]

Thanks for your answers, all interesting, I got a few hints already..

SD, when is the Bressuire grand prix, please ? [:)]

[/quote]

The Bressuire GP is usually in July.

There is also the Rallye des12 Travaux d'Hercule which starts from Mendez France in Niort - there's a big scrutineering session in Leclerc's car park on the Saturday where you can see all the cars close up.  The rally uses special stages on closed roads around Cherveux. 

Then there is the Rallye Nord Deux Sevres - eight special stages in a loop just on the south side of  Bressuire.  Takes place in July.

Classic Rallye du Val de Sevre....etc.

Details and links on the [url=http://www.automobile-club79.com/sommaire.php3]Automobile Club des Deux Sevres[/url] website.

Let me know if he's interested in any of these events and we could probably arrange to meet up if you want.

[quote user="Frenchie"]

Thank you very much .

He supports Renault, and Alonzo is his favourite pilot.

The season he's most interested in is 2005/2006 .

Something like a tee shirt is a good idea, will look fgor that on the internet, and maybe some karting session.

I'll look for DVDs etc.. If anyone can think of any, please tell me .

If you can send the calendar you were talking about, yes, please..

Merci !!

[/quote]

So McLaren goodies would be a bad choice?

Archived