Complete France Forum

Re: The Boat Race Test

mint

Remember Norman Tebbit's Cricket Test?

Well, I've got a better one.  The Boat Race Test............how would I know it's Easter without this?

All those guilty of having watched it on TV or are interested in it, please come forward!

Well, I have an excuse because a family member lived in Chiswick just yards from where it ends and we could always watch the rowers practising on a Sunday morning.

Renaud, if you are reading this, did you watch it chez toi?

Anyway, if you did watch it, you are one of those who haven't integrated properly into French life and are hankering after British traditions!

No, only joking..............it's always damp and more often than not piddling down and you watch just to admire those rippling muscles if you are a woman or just to compare your puny biceps with the rowers if you are a man![:D]

I watched it but as I'm in the UK I guess I'm allowed.  During the run up to Regatta week Henley is a delight to visit, the scenery is very good, and as we have the Pincent - Redgrave lake just down the road I had high hopes that there may be some fringe benefits, but not so far (Although James Cracknell lives about 2 miles away and has sometimes been spotted shoping in Waitrose)

Sigh - window shopping is such fun ! [;-)][;-)]

Archived