Complete France Forum

Re: Marital Disharmony

Gardian

EDF wrote about three weeks ago to us and others in our little coin, to advise that they would have to cut the power today for a few hours from 08.30 for essential maintenance.

When it got to 09.10 and the juice hadn't gone off, I suggested to OH that perhaps they'd decided to postpone the work until tomorrow. [6]  Mrs G felt that I was being unnecessarily flippant about her need to be glued to the TV from the crack of dawn.

The power went off at 09.15 and was back on by 10.30.  Oh well, there's always the chance that it'll piddle with rain tomorrow morning and muck up the Astra signal.     

Our water was off from 09.00 today and not expected back until around 17.00. We totally forgot about it until it went off, but luckily we had already showered etc, due to Thursday being French conversation group, so we needed to up and presentable reasonably early.

I met our Spanish neighbour on the way back, having already eaten in town due to no water supply in the apartment and total laziness. I find it very difficult to understand her French, and know very little Spanish, so despite us having very long conversations I never really know what she's said. But I thought she mentioned '12'. Got back to find the water back on - and just as well, as we both forgot to use the facilities at the restaurant!  [:)]

I'm with Mrs G on the prospect of powercuts tomorrow - but I'm only planning watching from about 11.00 French time until 13.00, and I'll be packing as well, plus we've been invited out to lunch for 13.15. Almost every French person we know is very excited, and can't understand why I won't be watching at all their houses, where they have big TV sets, rather than here where I'll watch it on the internet! I don't think I can pack at their homes!

Thanks GG for clarifying - I was flumoxed by the idea that Gardian's wife spent her mornings in front of the telly - I couldn't imagine that there was anything to watch.  I've now just realised what he was going on about - I had forgotten it was tomorrow.  I cannot imagine many things more tedious than watching other people getting married - it's bad enough when it's sombody you know - let alone complete strangers.  Zzzzzzzzzzzz

[quote user="cooperlola"]Er, no.  If you met me, you would realise that fashion and I are not well aquainted.[:D][/quote]

And I don't know either!

That le Mans tee-shirt definitely has that je-ne-sais-quoi and I reckon that those crutches are about to become the must-have accessoires any time now!

Anyway, back to the subject in hand.

The piddling rain turned up 15 hrs too soon and (I think) has completely mucked up my recording of the Bobby Charlton documentary. In truth, even Mrs G wants to see that.

I've got a 'pass-out' tomorrow morning though - things to be bought at the market, so it's a solo visit.  Heavy traffic [blink] may delay my return.