Complete France Forum

Re: The songs we are singing

Frenchie

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some news re youtube.

YouTube music industry video deal is 'a landmark deal'

The music industry has applauded the deal struck by the Performing Rights Society for Music with YouTube that will see tens of thousands of music videos return to the site.

Some news of BBC programs coming soon.

Unheard studio banter part of BBC "Beatles Week"

The BBC will air a documentary next month featuring hitherto unheard out-takes of conversation between the members of the Beatles at London's Abbey Road recording studios.

Beatles Week, to be aired on BBC2 and BBC4 from September 5, coincides with the September 9 release of the digitally remastered original Beatles catalog and "The Beatles: Rock Band" video game, the band's first big leap into the world of digital music.

"This is a chance for viewers to enjoy some rare footage and fascinating insights into the career of the greatest pop group of all time," said George Entwistle of the BBC.

The week will open with "The Beatles On Record," a history of the band in the studio featuring more than 60 songs, rare footage and photographs from the group's archives and never-before-heard fragments of chat.

It will be followed by the first TV airing of "The Beatles: The First U.S. Visit," the Maysles brothers' film charting the Fab Four's arrival in the United Statesin 1964 when Beatlemania first ignited there.

Among the other highlights is "Storyville: How The Beatles Rocked the Kremlin," a documentary by Leslie Woodhead about how the band profoundly affected young Russians even though it was never able to play in the Soviet Union.

Thanks for posting that sad news sweet17......poor young woman

rip "lucy"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7F2X3rSSCU

According to the Beatles, one day in 1966 Lennon's son, Julian, came home from nursery school with a drawing he said was of his classmate, Lucy O'Donnell , whom Julian drew with diamond-shaped eyes. Showing the artwork to his father, young Julian described the picture as "Lucy — in the sky with diamonds."Julian later said, "I don't know why I called it that or why it stood out from all my other drawings, but I obviously had an affection for Lucy at that age. I used to show dad everything I'd built or painted at school, and this one sparked off the idea for a song about 'Lucy in the sky with diamonds'."

Archived