Complete France Forum

What a week! I just got........

Chris Head

BANNED from a UK chainsaw carving forum! He seems to not to want to give me certificate either, I even offered to pay for the paper, ink & postage. The bloke who runs it seems to be a little sensitive, I never knew posts to be deleted so quickly! I know it's not a nice thing to do to him but I thought if I unleashed a few of you on him (go a little easy eh?) it might broaden his perspectives. Let me think, perhaps something along the lines of.....shocking news is reaching the middle parts of the EU! Off topic is the section to post in. I can hear your creative minds turning as I tap!

http://chainsaw-carving.co.uk/forum/ Obviously I can't follow progress.

Toodley pip, Chris

That was strange - I was looking at the forum and admiring some peoples

work when all of a sudden I got the following!   

"Critical information.  You have been banned from this

forum!".  I hadn't even logged on to it and had only been there a

couple of minutes!  After that I got the same message each time I

tried to look at something - so there must be some sort of error in the

software.  Maybe you're not banned at all Chris!!

I used to go to the Westonbirt Festival of Wood (now called Festival of the Tree) each August. Lots of really big, hunky... carvings. [:D] They were usually made during the week of the festival so you could go and see the logs of wood being dragged from where they'd been felled one weekend and then go back the following week and stand back in awe and gaze at what had been created during the week. The Forestry Commission website is really poor and gives no clue as to how interesting and varied the sculptures and exhibits are.

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/forestry/INFD-6PMD2E

For anyone in Wiltshire / Gloucestershire / Somerset, I would recommend a visit. Westonbirt is wonderful at any time of the year but the Festival of Wood (the Tree) around August bank holiday is particularly good.

BTW, Chris, what did you do to get banned? [:-))]

Westonbirt is just great, I know some of the carvers that have competed and their work and minds are really diverse. We're a weird lot.

I didn't do very much really, just having a little creative thinking fun and straight talking and sort of trying to liven the place up a little.  The carvers there are a clicky little lot of  back slappers and their rhetoric is a little soporific. Then some of my Yank carving buddies came on in and I don't think they liked it!

The chap who runs the forum is a Scot, so I would think that his brain cells are somewhat less developed than those of us who are from South of the border.

Toodley pip, Chris

(There you go Saligo, and a rhyme too, it can't be soo? What's an adjective?)

I just tried the link and it said I was banned! So perhaps he has blocked all French IP addresses.

Seems a bit extreme. Talk about using a sledgehammer to crack a nut or should that be a chainsaw to carve a match [:)]

Ok guys, you could always start a campaign to unban me on this site, http://www.network54.com/Forum/118564/ this is the foremost carvers site in the world, it's where we all keep in touch. It's mostly Yanks but the carving world is centred there. It's Joe kings site and he's a really nice bloke so don't have him running for the Prozac! This one I can follow!

Chris

[quote user="Chris Head"]

YEEEHAA! A big up to Twinks, she's got

balls! She's set the balls...(mixing my metaphors I

think) rolling, where are you my fellow fear nothing renegades,

Miki, what's another ban to you? Dick you're dog got you lost? Cassis?

Missy?

Chris

[/quote]

Sorry Chris, it's just that these days I think both of us have got fed up

with deletions being so rampant and what we see as............. well, can't say anymore really but I am with

anyone who questions unjust decisons, here or anywhere.

>>>Did ya post Missy? <<<

Matter of fact, I've just come back from the post box in the next village about a mile from here to post some cheques 'coz I've just cleared the desk off its mountain of bills.... Nice walk, lots of swifts and swallows about (I love them little critters) clouds of pesky midges though.... Sadly did meet no burly man like you Chris to sweep me off my feet! ...

However back to the original post!

Post where?... Sorry Chris, I'm a little dozzy and not following the plot, the girl really needs her beauty sleep for now....

James has said on several occasions recently that discussing other sites is unacceptable on this forum

For this reason I am going to lock this thread so that he can take a decision tomorrow on whether or not to let it continue or to delete.

I am doing this because I'm trying to be consistent. We have deleted lots of posts about 'the' other forum

Hoddy

Archived