Complete France Forum

Icelandic Airways

Russethouse

Yep - I know it has nothing to do with France,(thats why its the lounge) but I mentioned in the travel thread that I am due to go to the USA in October. I have decided not to use a British or American carrier. Icelandic airways would suit, although it involves a stop [:(]. Has anyone ever traveled with them ? (Happily they are very reasonably priced - every cloud !)

Yes Iceland is really nice and fortunately at the moment its having weather just like ours!!!! or are we having weather just like theirs? I travelled lots a few years ago and all scandinavian airlines are really good... Ok so Iceland is no longer part of denmark but its in the blood... and its in the wifes too... so she made me type this...

monti

I have flown 3 times Glasgow to Boston albeit the last time was 3 years ago. Excellent service and on the 3rd occasion the stopover in Reykjavik included a free coach to the Blue Lagoon where the time passed very agreeably in the thermal waters.

Everything else about Iceland is jolly super, so I would expect their planes to be good too.

I'd fly with them!    Iceland is a dream of a country, knocks the French countryside into a cocked hat.  World's best literature too, comes from the heart, and is entwined everywhere with the breathtaking landscape.   In Iceland, you see the very soul of our little planet.

Go for it!

[:)] This thread brings back memories

In the olden days before we had computers I worked for an airline that handled Iceland Air. For each flight we had to check all the passenger names against  the flight manifests and they nearly all ended with .........dottir (daughter) or ..........sson (son) [8-|]an absolute nightmare. All the non icelandic names were those of American students travelling on cheap tickets.

happy days[:)]

We flew from London to New York with Iceland Air in 2001 (not long before Sept 11th......) and had a two day stopover in Reykjavik - it was FANTASTIC!

We stayed in a 4 star hotel (can't remember it's name now) close to the airport but it was also within walking distance of the centre, had a coach tour around the geysers, volcano etc etc and a free trip to a thermal swimming pool as well.

The only thing I would suggest is if you can, do the stopover on the way back rather than outwards, we did it on the way out and found Iceland so relaxing, pollution free and beautifully clean and tidy that it was a bit of a culture shock to arrive in New York afterwards!! (though we also had a fantastic time there too!)

Lou

EDIT should also have said that we found Icelandair to be extremely efficient and very good value....

• 1 month later...

Archived