Complete France Forum

Happy Halloween

PossumGirl

An extremely modest man was in the hospital for a series of tests, the last

of which had left his bodily systems extremely upset, including his bowels.

Upon making several false alarm trips to the bathroom, he decided the latest episode was another and stayed put. He suddenly filled his bed with diarrhea and was embarrassed beyond his ability to remain rational.

In a complete loss of composure the poor man jumped out of bed, gathered up the bed sheets, and threw them out the hospital window.

A drunk was walking by the hospital when the sheets landed on him. He

started yelling, cursing, and swinging his arms violently trying to get the

unknown things off, and ended up with the

soiled sheets in a tangled pile at

his feet.

As the drunk stood there, unsteady on his feet, staring down at the sheets,

a hospital security guard, (barely containing his laughter), and who had

watched the whole incident, walked up and asked, "What the heck is going on here?"

The drunk, still staring down replied: "I think I just beat the SH++ out of

a ghost."

Ohhh that is soooo gross (said in my best Ruby Wax accent)....you put me off my dinner!

edit; question for ya PG. Just wondering how long you've been living amongst us Western Europeans and has being in a culture that is millenia older than the Yank culture changed the way you think/live?

I'm hosting  an early Halloween party for my daughter and 4 of her friends - they are sleeping over.  I'm worn out.  We've done the dressing up and make-up (I'm wearing red velvet horns[:-))]).  We've played musical statues.  We've eaten witches fingers with puréed brains.  We've had sparklers in the moonlight.  We've tucked the apples. 

Harry Potter is looking after them now so that I can have a rest on the forum with a big glass of red water.[6]

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

I  We've done the dressing up and make-up (I'm wearing red velvet horns[:-))]).  We've played musical statues.  We've eaten witches fingers with puréed brains.  We've had sparklers in the moonlight.  We've tucked the apples. 

[/quote]

Sounds like my kinda party!

Louise

They finally went to sleep at 12.30am - I am hoarse from screaming at them!

Laura came as the devil, and her mother sprayed her long hair with a whole can of black spray.  My walls and furnishings are all black and I had to put her in the shower and scrub her for 15 mins before the water ran clear again!  My bath reminds me of the days my great grand-mother used to keep the coal in hers.

[quote user="Dotty Trois"]

Good thinking on the Chuppa Chupps, no sugar.  Hope fully this will stop them being up ALL night, now it will just be 11.30pm.

[:D]

[/quote]

So if there's no sugar in the Chuppa Chupps then what the hell do they put in them - amphetamines[:-))]

[quote user="Chris Head"]

Ohhh that is soooo gross (said in my best Ruby Wax accent)....you put me off my dinner!

edit; question for ya PG. Just wondering how long you've been living amongst us Western Europeans and has being in a culture that is millenia older than the Yank culture changed the way you think/live?

[/quote]

Well, I've been married to a Frenchman for 28 years, and even though up until two years ago we lived in California, we've always had a foot in both cultures: lots of French friends in L.A., always got French movies and tv shows to watch on video, have read French books and comics, etc.  And, our business has also always been bi-cultural.  To be honest, a lot of the time I found that I felt more out of place in America than when we were in France.

Part of that was really very Los Angeles specific.  People there tend to be interested in doing their own thing and aren't necessarily as interested in having the kinds of discussions that one finds they have here in France.  Also, Americans are trained to not talk about controversial issues with family and friends, because it's not polite!

As to the way we live, that IS different.  But that would probably have been the case if we'd moved to a rural community in America.  I love not having to take my car all the time because I live in a village where I can do 80% of what I need to do on foot. I do find it difficult to get used to the fact that I can go to the doctor if I'm sick and not have to worry about "rationing" myself because of the cost.  I love the fact that my neighbors have time to chat -- although if I actually want to get any writing done, I have to stay inside my house and not go out, or I get too distracted!

PG

Archived