Complete France Forum

Girls! Be prepared !!

Missy

"When I thought about my husband being at home, I

developed rashes on my body and had stomach ache," admits Mrs Terakawa.

"On occasions I would throw up after I had eaten.

"Sometimes just being in the same room as him made me physically sick."

I think she may be married to a bad prawn.

Missy - I have heard about this type of thing before, but never knew it had a name given to it.  Retired Husband Syndrome - sounds really funny to me, but many people have suggested to me that due to my husband working overseas so much, that we might never be able to get along under the same roof if he was here for a long time.  It was tested a year or so ago when he was here for a few months non-stop - in between work assignments.  I must say, we did drive each other a bit batty 24/7.  We discussed it though and I think that is the key.

Still, I'd love to watch the program that is scheduled to air tonight at 2150 on BBC2, but we don't get the BBC (just BBC News and BBC Prime) with Canal Sat.  Maybe somebody here can watch it and tell all tomorrow.

[quote user="Lori"]  ........  Maybe somebody here can watch it and tell all tomorrow.  [/quote]

I will most certainly!

Having a husband at home ALL day and EVERY day sends me up! so I go to work and he goes to the pub[:-))] !

I really feel for these ladies though, not to have seen that this would be inevitable one day and that in the meantime they should have got themselves a hobby or some'it of other interest....

My Mother has been in this category since my Dad retired some 20 years ago now. When I go home to see them, I am always apprehensive of what will I find! and yet she will insist on going away WITH him or NOT at all, even for shopping at the supermarket which is 3 miles away from their house, or for a day out, an evening at the cinema, on holiday to see her grandchildren here in UK or the other grandchildren in France... Barmy woman but then she calls me subversive!![:D]

Missy - did you happen to catch the program?  Was it any good?

I'm sure there are others out there like your Mom.  Perhaps it is a generational thing.  I know I won't be that way and my husband will probably thank his lucky stars !

Archived