Complete France Forum

Twinkle's gig

Jonzjob

Just to clear up one point. This post was started by me in the 'Sports, Leasure  and Passtimes in France'. This was about one of our forum members who creates leasure in France, and so that more of our forum members were kept in touch with what one of our very talented members was doing. The event in question is now over and I think that it is a good idea to put it here in the Lounge, for one the seats are more comfortable [Www].

It is just a shame that if the move was done a bit toung in cheek then the milk monitor concerned didn't show that. If not, as has already been said, then that milk monitor should NOT have contributed to going off thread and then shout about others doing the same. (Oh sh!t, who pulled the rug out from under my feet?) (no smilie here either, but not because I don't have any thanks to Admin for sorting it out [kiss][:D])

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
twinks when you PM out new gigs will you PM me one , as i will be popping over as much as i can over the next 6 months it would be fun to have a beer or two. still miffed i wasnt there thursday, if only I had booked one day earlier pah humbug..........and I beleive in Santa he is out there[:D]

OK I knew I would get some flak when I hit the move button but that’s no problem.

There was some concern initially when the post was started because it was felt that it was a form of indirect advertising but it was decided to let it run and after the event would probably burn it’s self out and slip off down the forum. If however there was a complaint (there never has been to date by the way) we would have pulled the thread, we would not have had an option.

Because the thread has continued and it is now, after the event, not advertising (logically you can’t advertise for a past event) it was decided to move it to the lounge where you all can carry on contributing to your hearts content. I see others agree that’s its now the best place for it.

I would like to make a suggestion to all of Twinkles fans. She has a website, it’s part of her signature (bottom of each of her posts), where I believe the ‘groupies’ amongst you can discover where her next gig is and can even hear some of her music FREE now that’s got to be a good thing. You might also consider using her forum e-mail button (as opposed to the PM button) and ask her to tell you when she is next performing in a town near you. This way she can create an email group for her fans and then it will only take her a couple of minutes to send you all the dates.

The thread will not be put back from where it came neither will it be deleted. It won’t be locked either.

I don’t feel I need to explain my own personal actions but because there are so many posts to read through and some people may not of read them all I will explain why I added to the thread. It’s simple really a comment was made about me and my wife which I felt obliged to reply but rather than post tit for tat I just made fun out of it (hence the abundance of smillies in the post) but I wanted the poster to know that I knew. I have nothing further to add to this personal matter.

[quote user="You can call me Betty"]Yeah, but I spotted that Twinks accidentally mentioned France in her last post. Maybe it was that?[;-)] (obligatory smiley just in case.Am I OK, d'you reckon, Miki?)[/quote]

It's a lovely wink, your wink could curdle fully skimmed milk at twenty paces.  I don't think yours is a serious post but I do hope Beryl is back in her box, as she doesn't know that a smiley is obligatory or it's purgatory or was it thatsfrance,  for sure !!!

Whoops, nearly forgot.......[:)] and another for luck [;-)] and no mention of France either.

Quillan!

Thats's all fair enough - thanks. 

However - you keep insisting that my signature is my band and it most certainly isn't.     Doolin' is my husbands band and it's their music on the website - I don't do Irish music. 

Sorry but this is confusing people and I wanted to make it clear - I don't have a website for any of my bands at the moment.  I will pm my gigs to whoever wants them.

By the way I don't burn out and slip down - I'm a star[;-)]

Keep it on Twinkle, insist the chap takes off his B&B, if you can't mention your gigs, then someone tell me, what is the difference ? You could have Forthcoming gigs and band news  as your signature and make a link though, surely ?

After we had a free for all and all and sundry were plying their commerce with links and text, I and some others, fought long and hard some time back, for regular posters on here to just have a simple link to their whatevers.

I can't see any difference between, builders, gardeners, gite, B&B owners, or whatever, having a link, providing it is not mentioned. We finally come to an agreement some time back, that those who regularly posted and helped whenever possible to any Q's that came up, were welcome to have a link. This now appears to have gone a little further but Twinks is well within what was originally allowed after the furore.

So keep stum but you can answer anyone by PM if  they want to talk about it... Look I've gone all T&C, better get back to talking togger [;-)]

[quote user="Miki"][quote user="You can call me Betty"]Yeah, but I spotted that Twinks accidentally mentioned France in her last post. Maybe it was that?[;-)] (obligatory smiley just in case.Am I OK, d'you reckon, Miki?)[/quote]

It's a lovely wink, your wink could curdle fully skimmed milk at twenty paces. 

[/quote]

Can I put a link to my range of interesting flavoured yogurts, d'ya reckon?[8-)]

You mean your not the boss, its not your band SORRY I thought it was, my error doooh.

Whats all this about your slip, fallen down again [;-)] .

I thought stars never die they just rest a while.

You really should get a website I bet it would gets loads of 'hits' [:D] .

So the really tasty bird singing was you then coooooor [:P] (didn't have a pant smiley sorry).

Cheese and onion yogurt, yeh might try that? I tend to go for the milder tastes so they don't mask the delicate flavour of the yoggy. Peanut butter springs to mind, yum, yum! Beer yoggy too, as long as it's one of the sweet French beers. Bitter would be too much for a conninsewer like me pert etra?

We got some violent, or was it violet, ice cream a short while back. I ain't seen nuffin hit the bin at the speed that that did. It was AWFUL [+o(][+o(]. Oh I remember, it was violet!!! You would like it me awd Saus......

[quote user="Quillan"]

You mean your not the boss, its not your band SORRY I thought it was, my error doooh.

Whats all this about your slip, fallen down again [;-)] .

I thought stars never die they just rest a while.

You really should get a website I bet it would gets loads of 'hits' [:D] .

So the really tasty bird singing was you then coooooor [:P] (didn't have a pant smiley sorry).

[/quote]

Nooooo!  I am the boss of two bands but neither of them are Doolin' and I don't sing with them either!!!  I don't want to say the names of my bands on here because I do try to protect my identity to a certain extent.  I am considering a website link but I am a bit weary of putting it on the forum.

Yes - I AM the tasty bird singing and I agree that there should be a larger range of smileys on the forum.  Right now I could really do with a Mae West one[;-)]  Know what I mean Quillan? (in the voice of Catherine Tates Irish red-haired nurse character!)

I would love a rest but my groupies keep calling me to come and play!

[quote user="Cassis"]I take it that the one with the tongue sticking out is meant to be a tongue hanging out in this instance, Chris? [:D]
[/quote]

Of course now to follow up with my old favorite.......... What was it like being a child bride [;-)] ? Better stop now before people start throwing up [:D] .

[quote user="Miki"][quote user="You can call me Betty"]Yeah, but I spotted that Twinks accidentally mentioned France in her last post. Maybe it was that?[;-)] (obligatory smiley just in case.Am I OK, d'you reckon, Miki?)[/quote]

It's a lovely wink, your wink could curdle fully skimmed milk at twenty paces.  I don't think yours is a serious post but I do hope Beryl is back in her box, as she doesn't know that a smiley is obligatory or it's purgatory or was it thatsfrance,  for sure !!!

Oh yes, I'm having one of those days.

I've got in a pickle over mussels and oysters and now just made a big faux pas on Twinkle's French word game... I mentioned it once but I think I've got away with it!

Whoops, nearly forgot.......[:)] and another for luck [;-)] and no mention of France either.

[/quote]

Iggy and the Stooges Rider technically starts at page 14 of the 18. It's famous because it's so funny. All 18 pages.

You really need to read the whole thing to get the full measure of the comedy. (Dog lovers should avoid page 18).  

It's what all bands do, but without the humour.

Mariah Carey demanded straws, NOT STIPEY ONES

All food in Princes dressing room had to be covered by cling film. Including pre-wrapped sweets, etc.

Someone (perhaps the Stones) demanded a full size snooker table.

Michael Jackson insisted that no member of the local crew came within 50 metres of him. This necessitated 60 members of the local crew being made homeless for 20 hours, because they had to move out of their tents, where they had been living for 6 days in order to erect the stage for the show. That was a bad day. Good show though.

I wonder if he'd get away with that now?

Twinks, on the other hand, brought me Chocolate Brownies.[:D]

[quote user="Tresco"]

Michael Jackson insisted that no member of the local crew came within 50 metres of him. This necessitated 60 members of the local crew being made homeless for 20 hours, because they had to move out of their tents, where they had been living for 6 days in order to erect the stage for the show. That was a bad day. Good show though.

[/quote]

Michael Jackson wouldn't know a metre if you hit him with it !!!!

The crew should have told him to get st****d with his demand

[quote user="powerdesal"]
The crew should have told him to get st****d with his demand
[/quote]

A couple of brave souls tried it. Instant ejection from the ground.

This was before everyone on the planet had a mobile too. By local, I meant not so local as they didn't need to camp on site. One guy took 5 hours to get a message in asking for money to get back home from Leeds to Manchester.

Bad deal, but the rest of us sucked it up.

Betty, several pints of Guinness and about a thousand rollies. Golden Virginia. Rolled on the thigh of Johnny Depp.

Archived