Complete France Forum

What does this mean?

Ysatis

You should be able to place smilies anywhere you like in the message - are you using the "Insert Smiley" [:)] menu just above the dialogue box, rather than the row of smilies at the bottom?  The ones at the bottom go in the message header.

Post rank - not sure how it is worked out but seems related to number of posts.  Several people can have the same post rank, I've noticed.

[quote user="Dick Smith"]But we know the same big words. And tomorrow this thread will be redivivus!

[/quote]

And it could be rather chagrin to know that redivivus is no longer the word it once was.

I am proud to reveal that over 200 of my posts have been excellent and the rest better than average, with very few bad ones. It is my considered opinion that no one gets close to that marvellous percentage, bar possibly one person.........[:)] and it ain't a sausage eiver......................[;-)]

[quote user="Dick Smith"]

redivivus

SYLLABICATION:red·i·vi·vus
PRONUNCIATION:  rd-vvs, -v-
ADJECTIVE:Come back to life; revived: “defenders of the Imperial Presidency redivivus” (Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.).
ETYMOLOGY:Late Latin redivvus, from Latin, renewed : re-, red-, re- + vvus, living; see vivify.

[/quote]

Show off, right I'm off to work out wot the King of Cardboard is talking about.

[quote user="EMH"]Dick and Cassis, I'm with Chris on this one re: big words, my dictionary is a permanent fixture beside the computer now...even had to spell check 'permanent' before posting, just so I don't make a boo boo.[:$][/quote]

They do have those things online you know!!! Much quicker than these old fashioned book things.

Also i have the google toolbar with a spellchecker [:$]

Archived