Complete France Forum

Show Yourself Part 2

WJT

PLEASE - all this stuff is fine in the lounge, but it is not what the Photography in France section is for. I (for one) want to keep it distinct from the lounge - especially with all this posting pictures and then taking them off again. If you only want your pals to see them, why not PM them?

I'm sure you are as beautiful outside as inside WJT, in fact I guessed that from the Egypt photo, from what could be seen in the distance.

But if people are not at ease to post their photo and leave it there, then why post it at all ?  We are not all looking in at the same time, so we see pages of discussions about what others have seen and which is no longer there.

Katie, thank you for trying to take up for me. I guess it was pretty stupid thinking about it. I was really a day or two late, the excitement has all but disappeared. I was just feeling bad because I was egging others to put theirs on but didn't put mine up. To be honest the biggest reason is because I have no photos with me here in France. I did say in a few PM's that I may take one of myself and put it up temporarily as many others have done. But I guess as always I am a bit late and attitudes toward doing this has changed. The shine off the new section has definitely worn off for me.[:(]

Dick, with all due respect if that comment had come from anyone else I would have had a greater understanding but coming from you was a bit much. Sorry Dick, I personally have never had a problem with it and I certainly wouldn't have been one to say anything, but you of all people being the guardian of where a post should be placed and making sure one doesn't go off thread is a bit rich.[blink]

On the subject of my husband, he has never seen this forum and doesn't understand why I spend so much time on it. He has asked me on several occasions to please don't ever post a photo or mention where we live. [:-))] He feels there could be strange people hanging about on forums. Therefore, I just felt uncomfortable (as many others apparently) having my photo on the forum permanently out of respect for him.

I apologise again to the moderators.[:$]

I'm sorry you think that it's "a bit rich" WJT, but then I really don't see why you have to post lounge stuff in the photography section - again after a request not to do this. That wasn't drift - it started in the wrong place.

It is utterly silly to keep putting photos up and then taking them down because someone might see them. Sorry if that offends you, but it is the case.

Archived