Complete France Forum

My new baby!

Chris Head

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The black Lab has sorted the poo issue out Jon...Yuck! He's cleaning their bums now...is it just Labradors that eat poo? Mine is famous locally for having a penchant for the odd cowpat[+o(]!

T'was a tough afternoon of lambsitting Tom, I read what you said and spent alot of the time rubbing the sick one and trying to feed it, eventually it took some milk and started to pick up and seems OK now.

You're on Lou, get yer bum here and do a few hours, apparently we're stuck with them now and will have to hand rear them, the chance of Mum taking them back being quite slim.

So this evening the count in the house is two lambs, three cats, a dog, two kids, a wife and a tame Welshman....all I wanted was a quiet life! Sheeesh.

[quote user="Chris Head"]

So this evening the count in the house is two lambs, three cats, a dog, two kids, a wife and a tame Welshman....all I wanted was a quiet life! Sheeesh.

[/quote]

It could be worse Chris - you could just have a wild Welshwoman to cope with!

I am speaking to you as long as the pictures of live lambs keep coming in.

[quote user="TWINKLE"][quote user="Chris Head"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'd rather have a scrap with you than that ******* ram Twinks...at least the struggle would be fun[:-))] (ribs and knee still sore by the way).

[quote user="Chris Head"][quote user="TWINKLE"][quote user="Chris Head"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'd rather have a scrap with you than that ******* ram Twinks...at least the struggle would be fun[:-))] (ribs and knee still sore by the way).

[/quote]

Good grief. Now if you were talking about fighting with a billy goat with 2 foot long very sharp sabre like horns like I had to do along the Canal du Midi last spring then I 'could' have some sympathy for you, but a little ram with nice curly horns, not much bigger that an Alsation (with no biting potential). Oh dear, what is this 'master race' of ours coming to? And then to get all upset with a tiny animal who has a bowel movement, welllllllllll ?????? [:-))]

Jon, that ram just attacks all out, he's stocky and well built and he hurts, and he's hurt me and he's gonna get the chop because he could easily hurt a child who might be playing in the field. So anyone in the Creuse who want's a free ram he's available, otherwise he's for the chop.

Don't go veggie Pips, it's too much hard work in France!

The cat has moved in on the act now, Mechamp Matou has decided he luvs em!

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/chrishead/DSC01229.jpg[/IMG]

I've agreed to the female becoming a pet, the kids ands Sarah won this time.

Yes and there are calves in the fields, or veau as the French like to call them  [:)]

A French friend of ours made us laugh, she told us the story of a Brit who used to live in the commune, who asked her how long her newly bought baby ducks from the local market would live for. Her husband told her "about 4-6 months or so"

The lady was astonished and thought she had asked the question wrong and so tried again, this time with slower pronunciation...

The Husband just licked his lips and rubbed his tummy and repeated his first answer......................funny peeps them French, munch all the time don't they[;-)]

[quote user="Chris Head"]

No I'm not at all a softie, I'm as hard as nails![:D]

Right now my thoughts are with Jay Jay, I understand she's spending Christmas alone and my thoughts are with her. Forget the previous if I'm mistaken?

[/quote]

[:$] Um..........thankyou Chris. Maybe you can discount the hard as nails bit[;-)] You are keeping one of the lambs as a pet too![kiss]

Thanks DT & Meg too, I'll crack on with my list![;-)]

[quote user="Jonzjob"]I agree, THEY ARE BEST ETEN FRESH!!!!!![:-))][6][/quote]

Quite agree [:-))][6] ! I am a dab hand at getting a lamb table ready, I've got all the tools needed (humane bolt killer, sharp knives, butcher's block)  to get and serve your supper this evening Chris [:D]

Yup! you are in for a long hand rearing time.... Mother won't have them back now unless you work marvels with her. You could have at least given her one, the strongest of the two, by disguising it with the skin of the one that didn't make it.... Should have been done there and then but no less than 10/12 hours of the birth...

Better stop now...as I sure am offending many a sensible souls on the forum... These Franco-Welsh wenches! ...no heart at all ....[blink]

PS : after reading this, I realised that many a Xmas turkey/goose will carry on living happily ever after.... so I do have a heart after all![6]

Oh don't start going all soft Verv! Atta boy Jon!

Sarah did try and get one of them back with Mum but she was having none of it, so are you trying to tell me I've got to put up with two lambs living in my house ad-infinitum Missy? D'ya know how much sleep I got last night? There must be something we can do? How about getting them strong enough and gradually re-introducing them to outdoor life? If not, can you eat suckling lamb?

Archived