Complete France Forum

well, I found it funny

Bellac87

[quote user="Meg and Mog"]When i was in Surrey there were petitions about some pigeons under a bridge and whether or not the council should get rid of them.................. some people have too much time on their hands!

[/quote]

Or too much poop on their heads[+o(]

I really take great exception to this thread and will be reporting it to the moderators. The Pigeon situation is a very serious matter and should not be treated in so flippant a manner.

(Do the staff of the Surrey Comet - if it exists - have nothing better to do than make up rubbish about birds all day?)

There really is a Surrey Comet, sadly.

People in Surrey are unbelievable. I used to write letters to local papers under a nom-de-satire. In our local newspaper there was a complaint that dog owners were allowing their animals to foul the children's play area of a local park. I wrote in to say that the problem was not the dogs or their owners, but parents who had failed to train their children not to fall over/roll in the muck.

Two people wrote in to agree with me...

I retired good ol' Malcolm Armsteen at that point. There are some things you can't make up, and in those circumstances satire has no meaning.

[quote]

I retired good ol' Malcolm Armsteen at that point. There are some things you can't make up, and in those circumstances satire has no meaning.

[/quote]

Not entirely true Dick, he made an outing a little while back but sadly, it was all to no avail [;-)]

I once sent back my sewerage demand with a covering letter telling them I had quite enough of my own sewerage thank you, so wouldn't need to buy any of theirs.  Some time later I had a couple of men round to check that I was on mains drainage.  They didn't find my letter at all amusing.

Archived