Complete France Forum

How to do nothing?

Chris Head

I'm doing all the cooking and cleaning Gay, I instantly volunteered when I got the work ban! That won't take all day though, I did most of the prep last night.

I reckon you deliberately made a nuisance of yourself Phil just to get Jude to tell you to brugger off! Good tactic.

I too have my orders though I was quite content to get going this morning. Dogs gave us an extra hour before the wake up call, then after feeding the chickens and the horses, I took my wife a  nice cup of tea in bed and then off with the dogs for a nice long walk in the -4 . Returned to give the dogs their Pressy's and now have an our to muck the horses and then return to get changed and off for Xmas Day lunch with our French neighbours so expect to be back about 8 if previous meals etc are to go by.  No cooking to be done, maybe a bit of washing up to help but plenty of eating and lots to drink.

Good thing the return journey is down hill!!

Hope everyone up and on their PC's is having an enjoyable Christmas and those under the weather will have had a night nurse round to perk them up!!

David J 

Well, finished ringing round the family.  I was thinking of making 365 new avatars, one for each day of 2007.  Very subtle changes, so that you don't notice day to day.  A sort of gradual transformation into something other than a sausage.  But I may be so attached to my sausage that I can't bear to be parted.

You can't do that Cass, I'm kinda drawn to your sausage...in the nicest possible way of course[:D]

You minx Gay, that's an article written by Scrooge on good behaviour.

We all played twister earlier, but knowing that Sarah had the undies on that I bought for her I had to make sure I lost quickly....[6]

Just drank my yearly allowance of Baileys in an hour and a bit...it was nice while it lasted!

I've decided I don't like Christmas, so long as the kids and Sarah (she can't stand Christmas) are happy and excited that's reward enough...New Year is our thing, it's a chance to celebrate or mourn the year that passed (death and illness this year made it a cra ppy 12 months) and see the forthcoming year in with a bang!

Wonder how bad Twinks' sisters hangover is?

[quote user="Chris Head"]

Wonder how bad Twinks' sisters hangover is?

[/quote]

She might tell you herself when she wakes up.

Next door just rang us to tell us to go to the fence and take part of their bûche from them.  I think it was in exchange for the Xmas cake Jude gave them (they are big fans of rich fruit cake and Xmas pudding).  Apparently it was made by Tanya's mum and is mainly butter.  Hmmm.

Flippin' duck is still not ready.

Oven's definitely on, but we just gave the bird's breast a prod and it's too springy still.  Smells gorgeous, though.  Just opened another bottle of pop to keep us going.

Tom, people just underestimate how hard it is doing nothing all day.  I did it for the last 6 months at the company I used to be with before we moved over here and it knackered me more than working.

Gay, look out for mens thermals, in blue, the 3 star warmth ones, you can have Sarahs credit card number if you want!

This is part of our Chrissy fayre..

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/chrishead/DSC01304.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/chrishead/DSC01305.jpg[/IMG]

Duck, whole boned, stuffed with confit of pork, carrott and chestnut, all ingredients grown within 500 m of here. Fillet of Limousin beef lined with fois gras and cepes and the usual veg.

The duck will be slow honey roasted Phil.The skin will be scored very lightly, sprinkled with sea salt which has to be patted into the skin. The whole birds will be covered in good honey and roasted at about 160 for maybe 2-1/2 hours or so, basting every 20 minutes or so, then rested for 15 minutes. The skin will be crisp and the meat tender as tender.

The fillet, about 1-1/2 kilo will be cut in half, and pan fried to rare and medium.

Archived