Complete France Forum

Memories (for petrolheads)

Bugsy

[quote user="Bugbear"]

Have you been in the tunnel during the build-up to the race, when the rich are playing with their Ferraris, Bugattis and suchlike. It's a truly awesome experience.

Said the deaf old bloke.................................[:D]

[/quote]

Here I go again! This is not a wind-up I promise, I have also done this on a push bike[:P]

It was the practice day of the torrential 1984 GP, the gendarmes at the barrier let me and my pal out on our bikes and allowed us a head start before letting the rich play for the evening, we were partially through the tunnel before the first supercar thundered through, a great experience.

I would love to be a marshall in there during the race.

[quote user="J.R."][quote user="Bugbear"]

Have you been in the tunnel during the build-up to the race, when the rich are playing with their Ferraris, Bugattis and suchlike. It's a truly awesome experience.

Said the deaf old bloke.................................[:D]

[/quote]

Here I go again! This is not a wind-up I promise, I have also done this on a push bike[:P]

It was the practice day of the torrential 1984 GP, the gendarmes at the barrier let me and my pal out on our bikes and allowed us a head start before letting the rich play for the evening, we were partially through the tunnel before the first supercar thundered through, a great experience.

I would love to be a marshall in there during the race.

[/quote]

Thats fine, provided you used the lollipop stick in the spokes trick, for the true sound effect......[:)]

Archived