Complete France Forum

Just for Geordie Girl...

Rose

Your's was good GG... I only read the first one... which wasn't a limerick at all... then I read yours and decided it was much better than mine... wish I'd read first before passing judgement... can you forgive me...[:D]

Frenchie... you're not boring... have some wine! [kiss]

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My OH gets mad if I talk while he's reading... he makes a point of putting his finger on his place on the page, sighs and looks up... at this stage I think... obviously you're not interested in what I've got to say... but then say it anyway as I like to talk too... most of the time he justs says mmm yeah and I know he doesn't give two hoots... maybe it's just men?  [:D]

Whilst on the subject of men talking... don't you just hate it when they go out for an evening and are gone for several hours... and when they come back you say... "what did you talk about" and they just say... oh nothing much... just this and that... AND THAT'S IT!  You've been gone for hours...  [:-))] you must have said something of interest...

or is it just me that finds that annoying [:$]

p.s. I can already hear the mutterings from our male friends... nothing personal chaps [;-)] [kiss]

[quote user="Rose"]

My OH gets mad if I talk while he's reading... he makes a point of putting his finger on his place on the page, sighs and looks up... at this stage I think... obviously you're not interested in what I've got to say... but then say it anyway as I like to talk too... most of the time he justs says mmm yeah and I know he doesn't give two hoots... maybe it's just men?  [:D]

[/quote]   Yeah it must be a man thing; he says just like mine !! ( have you read my post??) [:D]

[quote user="Rose"]

Whilst on the subject of men talking... don't you just hate it when they go out for an evening and are gone for several hours... and when they come back you say... "what did you talk about" and they just say... oh nothing much... just this and that... AND THAT'S IT!  You've been gone for hours...  [:-))] you must have said something of interest...

p.s. I can already hear the mutterings from our male friends... nothing personal chaps [;-)] [kiss]

[/quote]  Count me in [:$]

[quote user="Rose"]

[/quote]

Yes rose but men do talk about rubbish things like football and beams & things or the latest screwfix catalogue or worse still...........cars.

Not like us girls'( and leo)........... especially on this thread talking about sensible things like germans and chocolate ............and most importantly discussing how many lights we`ve got.....................now thats major conversation that is..........

Sorry but i`m off to look for a dark corner to have a lie down. See you all tomorrow  xxxx

[quote user="Geordie girl"]

No problem rose....................[:D]

I`ve had 2 drinks & feelin sleepy so i`m off to me bed...................night night all

Rose i`ve just noticed we are on page 11[:D]

[/quote]

Night Night GG... I'm off too otherwise I wont get up in the morning for school... and his lordships poached eggs! (thats the boy rather than his dad!) 

11 pages and how many posts... I'm sooo far behind!!! [:D]

When my wife is on the phone ,I can hear her say - oh really! - oh no!- you're kidding!-when did this happen?- and oh my god!

When she has finished her phone call and I ask  what happened to so and so , whom she was chatting to on the phone

She says ,oh nothing! 

Leo

[quote user="Frenchie"][quote user="Rose"]

[/quote]   Yeah it must be a man thing; he says just like mine !! ( have you read my post??) [:D][/quote]

Yep... it was your post that made me laugh... it's not you... it's a man thing [Www]  Lordy... hope I don't get shot down in flames for saying that... maybe I should add that it doesn't  matter because where would we be without the fantastic men...[:D]

anyway... I'm off... nice to chat... speak soon! [kiss]

[quote user="LEO"]

When my wife is on the phone ,I can hear her say - oh really! - oh no!- you're kidding!-when did this happen?- and oh my god!

When she has finished her phone call and I ask  what happened to so and so , whom she was chatting to on the phone

She says ,oh nothing! 

Leo

[/quote]

[:D] [:D] that's because she either doesn't want to worry you... or she knows you wont understand... [Www]

Rose!

A funny thing happened today!  I was rehearsing at the drummers house and when we were packing up to go play this evening I noticed a block calendar on his desk.  Todays date 31st january with your avatar - I think the name of the oil painting is 'Cooling Off' and it was dated 1958.

I've only just read the 4 pages or so that you lot clocked up after 10pm.  I retired early.  The cartwheels made me dizzy...

Now I realise that I missed out on a lot of fun.  My hubby is in France at the moment and it cramps my style.  He wonders why I'm on the internet all the time.  BUT he can't read my (or your) posts as he left his glasses in the UK.....

I won't be around this evening because it's one of my children's birthdays and we having a celebration.  Might pop in though to watch what's going on.

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

Rose!

A funny thing happened today!  I was rehearsing at the drummers house and when we were packing up to go play this evening I noticed a block calendar on his desk.  Todays date 31st january with your avatar - I think the name of the oil painting is 'Cooling Off' and it was dated 1958.

[/quote]

Twinkle... thank you!  I've searched today and found her in all her glory... she's very beautiful, but needs to put on a few more clothes!  [:$]

I've found a link to her picutre   http://nylon.net/happyjolly/elvgren/pix/elvgren$cooling-off.jpg... and a link to a bit about the artist... http://www.gilelvgren.com/GE/index.php.  I think I must now try and buy a print and see if I can find out more about her! 

Thanks! [:D]

Well i`ve come in here tonight & the place is empty. I feel very neglected sittin`here all on me lonesome. Where`s everybody gone. Bet they`re havin` another party and they haven`t told me. Oh well i`ll just go and get a vodka and have a singles night by meself then.....[:(]

I feel just like Billy No Mates

HI Geordie... I've just logged on for a quick look... we've been out and about today... off to the vets twice... then off to watch the rugby in Brive... I'm now off to make a cuppa for the OH... how are you today?  Been busy?  How's the tiling?

[kiss]

Well i`ve come in here tonight & the place is empty. I feel very neglected sittin`here all on me lonesome. Where`s everybody gone. Bet they`re havin` another party and they haven`t told me. Oh well i`ll just go and get a vodka and have a singles night by meself then.....[:(]

I feel just like Billy No Mates

[/quote]

I have never posted on here before.    But you've just said on another thread about a drink and I'm worried........vodka!     There's me thinking Ovaltine was on the way.     You can't be Billy No Mates you're a girl!  

Hurrah i`ve got two gatecrashers come to me party.[:-))]

I`ve had a busy day Rose, don`t even go there.................glad your cats gettin`better[:D]

Memb i refuse to drink ovaltine at a party....................now what you two havin` [:D]

[/quote]

Mine's a Teissiere Framboise & Cranberry Juice with iced water

Archived