Complete France Forum

Blast from the Past

Eos

Tressy, I hope you don't mind but I noticed your name on another thread in this section.

Brought back memories of a doll I had called Tressy when I was about 8 years old. Santa brought her, possibly because Barbie was busy, although I can't imagine ever inviting Barbie for Christmas but there you go!

Anyway, she had shortish blonde hair except for one pony tail like section towards the middle of her scalp which could be wound, via a button on her back, to make it longer or shorter. The hairstyling possibilities were endless, well, I was only 8.

She got lost when we moved house, I think, but no one I've mentioned her to since remembers a Tressy doll. I hadn't actually thought of her for years so thanks! Happy times.

No problem at all Eos.

You were both very lucky to have a Tressy[:D]  Tressys' unique selling point was her 'growable' hair. 

Sadly, I had to make do with my big sisters mangled and mutilated rejects (all bald).  

I should acknowledge Catalpas role in my transformation. It was she who first called me Tressy, rather than Tresco. It feels a bit girly, and everyone now knows a litle bit more about my button and key functions than I'm  comfortable with, but what the hell.[:D]

See more Tressys here http://www.tressydoll.com/

I thought someone like the Twinks or Katie2Shoes Tressied before I did. But no matter. Of more import: Tressy... why have you deserted Tresco? Why not amend your Tresco account to Tressy? [8-)]

Or were you just embarassed to carry all that history, that baggage, of 7666 previous posts (dating from 1955) around with you? [6]

Sindy was always my doll. Her physique was somewhat more believeable. Above the waist, at least. [:-))]

No Kittie and Twinks call me Tres or Tresc.

Of course both their  forum names are after dolls, too. Twinkle is obvious, but you'll remember that Katies name when she first joined was Katie Kopy Kat - a doll that was able to copy whatever you wrote.

[quote user="Catalpa"]...were you just embarassed to carry all that history, that baggage, of 7666 previous posts (dating from 1955) around with you? [6][/quote]

That's close to the truth. I was approaching 5,000 posts and felt a bit encumbered by them. I asked a mod if I could ditch a few thousand of them, and she tried, but it wasn't possible. [:)]

[quote user="Tressy"]but you'll remember that Katies name when she first joined was Katie Kopy Kat

[/quote]

I do remember that... most posts ever in the first 30 minutes of membership, I think - [6] ...but didn't know about the doll. Prolly, by the time the KKK doll arrived, I was playing with real toys. Boys. [kiss]

Archived