Complete France Forum

Which Planet

powerdesal

Thankfully not the same one as the rulers of your adopted country.

"UAE does not have democratically elected institutions; citizens do not have the right to change their government or political parties. In certain instances, the government of the UAE has abused people in custody, denied their citizens the right to a speedy trial and access to counsel during official investigations. The UAE's human rights record was widely criticised during the trials of Sarah Balabagan in 1995...............

The government restricts freedom of speech and freedom of the press, and the media avoids directly criticizing the government and censors its own news stories. Freedom of association, and freedom of religion are also curtailed. The trafficking of children for camel jockeys continues despite government pledges to end these practices".

Planet "I ride around in an armoured car with armed guards provided by Special Branch from the Close Protection Group: and my house is also guarded around the clock by the same people: and all at public expense."

It's also known as Planet Ivory Towers..............................

[quote user="Ron Avery"]

"UAE does not have democratically elected institutions; citizens do not have the right to change their government or political parties. In certain instances, the government of the UAE has abused people in custody, denied their citizens the right to a speedy trial and access to counsel during official investigations. The UAE's human rights record was widely criticised during the trials of Sarah Balabagan in 1995...............

The government restricts freedom of speech and freedom of the press, and the media avoids directly criticizing the government and censors its own news stories. Freedom of association, and freedom of religion are also curtailed. The trafficking of children for camel jockeys continues despite government pledges to end these practices".

[/quote]

I am not sure I understand what relevance this has to the original discussion

[quote user="Ron Avery"]

[/quote]

1. It is not my adopted country Ron, I am an expatriate contract worker, no work, no work permit - leave.

2. Anyone who expects any Arab country to be a democracy (in the Western sense) is living in a dream world, I know that, I have worked here for 23 years.

3. Freedom of religion is not a problem in the UAE, The Ruler of Dubai even paid for the new Catholic church to be built. Even in Sharjah, which is more Islamic than most of the Emirates there are Christian churches which are very well attended.

4. My post specifically said the "UK Judiciary"

Archived